Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 flhtci repair estimate

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 06:25 PM
smknflms
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 06 flhtci repair estimate

..so is the same POS you were talking about, and please tell me your not still taking it back to thesame dealer you had all the problems with... it wouldn't suprise me if dealer made claim that you intentionally laid it down, especially after your comments in post. Good luck, hope it works out for you..maybe total loss and get a new one.
See post:
https://www.hdforums.com/m_1266964/tm.htm
Later

Old 02-17-2007, 10:55 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well went to the dealer to view bike today and go over estimate.
Sorry no photos of the trip but have some i took day of accident, need to download
off camera later.
anyway......... they are being thorough and are kind of hoping they can slip some things by.
The bend they are talking about they are not sure of , because they have not removed
the trunk or the chrome cover over the end of the frame extensions to the trunk mount u-tube.
What they are claiming is, when the bike is standing straight up and down, taking a measurement
from bottom of u-tube to ground the left side appears lower than the right.
So I questioned them on it.
Said I think to be accurate you need to pull and expose BEFORE you claim bad frame.
Doing same with handle bars.
Bars are NOT on the estmate but the left grip is...... why?
"Well IF I have to replace bars I need to replace left grip as it is glued on"
so I grabbed the left grip and rotated it on the bar..... seems the glue gave way in the
crash huh!!!!???
Then the little plastic wind deflector under edge of fairing?
well it's got fine scratches in it (not noticable unless you really look close).
Those scratches are from cleaning it, we've all seen it on the windshield after a few months of riding.
Then one of the floor boards was listed, but he didn't know which one (yes part number will tell), so I told him point out to me what was bad and on which one!!
He couldn't do it. Go figure, no bends, no twists, not even a scratch.
then he had brake handle and clutch handle listed. neither are bent or broken.
Again it was VERY VERY fine scratches, I had to get a magnifier to see them.

I'm thinking right now I will be removing a thousand or so off the estimate in not needed parts.
Told him he needs to re-measure the frame, not just the extensions that won't interfere with the ride and handling.
Going to have insurance send an independent investigator to look at the bike to get a more fair evaluation.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Whackone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ChooChoo, So what happened? I'm confused.
You supposedly crashed on the 1st of February in Cheyenne, Weather says there was a blizzard.
You bought a Sert on the 10th, for what?
You complained about trouble with the POS radio on the fourth?
You tried to find a GPS for a Street Glide on the 7th.
Compalaint letter posted on the forum to HDMOCO on the 10th

I've lived my entire life in Wyoming. I don't know about the east side of the state but, on the western side, we don't hunt for attention by BS'ing. If we have a problem we settle it. I've delt with Maverick HD in Cheyenne and they seem to be stand up.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:32 AM
choochoo
Banned

Let's see if I can clear it up for you
11/21/05 bought bike did mufflers, a/c, &stage one same day
ran great til june 2006 then started noticing lack of power on hills.
9/30/06 finally got it to the original dealer he blamed mufflers but never tested
to prove or disprove
replaced injectors
knew was not fixed right in first 30 maybe 40 miles
10/21/06 took to different dealer he also blamed mufflers but never tested
insisted I needed the sert. did it, better but still not right
11/25/06 back to dealer again insisted the mufflers still did not test
HDMOCO said engine under compression rebuild.....warranty
1/24/07 after 200 miles on rebuild bike faltered again.
this time worse than before and about 10 miles lower in speed than any
previous time. To prevent being ran over took the ditch (softer with snow)
I never tried to find a gps someone else did andI responded to him.
said a pilots knee board/ table, map of area,and compass works just fine and a lot cheaper.
Or don't go anyplace in particular, that way you're never loss, you're just someplace.

I posted a copy of an email I sent to invester relations complaing about the lack of QA, dealers that deny something is wrong, or blame things that are not at fault and or have no clue how to fix.
since reading this forum there have been numerous posts of faulty items apparently from when bike left the factory that really should not exist and or should have had a factory recall by now or a technical service bulletin on the correct repair procedure.
for example
1. air temp gauge since 2001 that we know of reads as much as 20 degrees hot
2. 07's having a valve train clatter
3. 07's having noisy transmissions 5th and 6th gear
4. 07's having apparent excess heat
5. 06' & 07's apparently having oil sumping problems.
some have been fixed properly by dealers, other have had excuses
cover up the nose with louder pipes, turn up radio volume
HD has known about the temp gauge for a few years...... but have never issued a correction
Hd is apparently at this time ignoring a sumping issue exists although the dealers that have
determined that to be a valid complaint have repaired under warranty.
My case a loss of available power in 5th ge

Old 02-18-2007, 12:42 AM
slick813
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I am going to have to call BULLSH$T, this story is way to goofy to be true, anyone that says there bike flipped over from side to side and that the bike should not be hurt based on the fact that the rider wasnt, has got to be pulling our leg.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:31 AM
oley55
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whackone, you about hit the nail on the head.

Choochooseems to absolutely hate his 06, hates two different dealers, hates the MoCo, searches for help on class action suits against any andall,is pissed because they are concerned his frame may be bent, declares H-D frames must be junk, and then startstalking about wanting another 06 because of all the problems with 07,s.

I'd think one aswell informed would have taken out some Gap Insurance or purchased an insurance policy rider forreplacement value. that way he could get out from underneath this 06he seems to dislikeso much.

ORIGINAL: Whackone

You supposedly crashed on the 1st of February in Cheyenne, Weather says there was a blizzard.

I've lived my entire life in Wyoming. I don't know about the east side of the state but, on the western side, we don't hunt for attention by BS'ing. If we have a problem we settle it. I've delt with Maverick HD in Cheyenne and they seem to be stand up.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:40 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: slick813

I think I am going to have to call BULLSH$T, this story is way to goofy to be true, anyone that says there bike flipped over from side to side and that the bike should not be hurt based on the fact that the rider wasnt, has got to be pulling our leg.
It is quite interesting..........

after his being shot down on the class action approach

......................the rebuild that started to show us his "abilities" as a Harley Mechanic on an earlier model Ultra.
But the "ongoing rebuild"(located in his livingroom)is being documented with Pictures timestamped four years ago.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:43 AM
hd2007
Road Warrior

Now this is starting to become B.S. Why would you want that bike fixed ? I would take a hammer to it before the adjuster saw it and make sure that frame look like a pretzel . Total it out get a new one and be a little more careful with the next bike , good luck.
ORIGINAL: oley55

Whackone, you about hit the nail on the head. Say ya don't suppose he ran outa cheese and crackers?

Choochooseems to absolutely hate his 06, hates two different dealers, hates the MoCo, searches for help on class action suits against any andall,is pissed because they are concerned his frame may be bent, declares H-D frames must be junk, and then startstalking about wanting another 06 because of all the problems with 07,s.

I'd think one so supremely righteous and incredibly well informed would have taken out some Gap Insurance or purchased an insurance policy rider forreplacement value. that way he could get out from underneath the H-D's he hates so much, go metric, and thenshare his incessantly negative views on some other poor unsuspecting forum.

Oh well I guesswe stand a better chance of winning the Lottery than seeing that happen.

ORIGINAL: Whackone

Old 02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
choochoo
Banned

You guys just DON"T listen!!
I was doing about 65 mph at the time.
the bike faltered did not pick up speed.
In the matter of a few seconds I knew I would have to drive into the ditch
to avoid being run over because of it.
I applied "some" brake to get speed down somewhat, but not much.
This is a wide smooth ditch (about 50 feet from the road edge to fence)
Had about 18 inches wind crusted and sun melted crusted snow in it.
Could almost drive on it. Hit the ditch at about a 30 degree angle to the road.
Laid bike down on right side.
Me and bike slid about 10 feet.
Bike moved away from me about 10 more feet.
The under carriage dug into the snow, caught the dirt.
Bike stood up, steering turned left, bike IMMEDIATELY came down on left side and stopped.
right bag cracked, right side of engine bar bent back about 1/2 to 1 inch but the upper tab it is connected to does NOT show any sign of tweaking,left front fairing cracked because passing
light hit it because a rock was under snow and caught the lamp, Handle bar (I'm assuming)put a small dent in tank about size of silver dollar and maybe 3/8 inch deep.
Left saddle bag broke, the bar under bag has a slight tweak just barely noticeable and only if looking for it, why trunk split apart don't know.
Now as for the supposedly bend in frame.
Have any of you ever had a flhtci torn down?
If not you may not know the area I'm talking about.
there are 2 frame extensions about 4 inches long solid steel (not hollow) about as thick as thumb.
The tour pack u-tube bolts to this.
At the rear most portion of tube left side is down towards ground when bike is vertical on lift about 1 inch more than the right.
Unless you remove ALL guards and covers you can NOT determine if the extensions are bent, or if tubing is bent or has just slipped on the bolts (on the 01 I am rebuilding the u-tube bolt holes are elongated.
Now if you want to call me a LIAR feel free, but then I think you better go to the dealer where bike is at and look at it your self.
Or modify your opinions and not call people a liar when you don't know the facts and weren't there and have NOT seen the bike.
I used to run dirt bikes and laid down frequently (it happens), In military training we had to lay down bikes in the field.
I have gone down harder than this on packed dirt (not relatively soft snow) and never bent a frame.
Now I walked away from this one with a very slight soreness in my right hip that I landed on, two days later was not sore.
I walked away for several reasons, I was alert, sober, and made a concious decision to take the ditch, I had practice in past years of lay downs and knew what to expect.
ORIGINAL: slick813

Old 02-18-2007, 11:04 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Hey Chooch...Say so long to that wrecked, jinxed POS! Get a new bike, stay outa the ditch & enjoy the ride.

Quick Reply: 06 flhtci repair estimate