Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Slipons

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Harleynole
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush Slipons

I now own an 07 Ultra (my second Harley). When I purchased the bike, I had the stage 1 upgrade, A/C, and SE pipes. Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed in the sound of the 07 SE's. They have a "nice" throaty sound, but I want more decibels. I want to be heard coming and going. I'm not much of a wrench or a techy. My question is....What is the difference in the Rush 1.5" baffles, 1.75" baffles, 2" etc. I can't hear any difference in sound on the internet.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Electraman
Advanced
Default RE: Rush Slipons

I don't know the answer to your question but I do want to know if what you have done so far lowered the temp on your bike and how much that cost you. I have a 07 electraglide classic and I am thinking of making some changes. Everyone on the board talks about how hot these bikes are but I don't feel its any hotter then my brothers 06.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:26 PM
snoopy
Advanced

I found a set of SE off road not street legal. I put a set of these on my 03RK. Harley does not make these any more. It is hard to beleive the difference in power and sound is super.By the way i put these on 07 RG. I can now run 55 in 6th gear.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Harleynole
Tourer

Electraman,

I never "felt" I had a heat issue. It is hotter than the 04 Heritage I had but it really hasn't been that big of a deal. However.......I haven't been stopped on Highway 98 in Destin FL. at a red light sitting between 3 SUV's in July with the pavement temp at 115 yet.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Harleynole
Tourer

Snoopy,

Where did you find the off-road SE's?

Old 02-14-2007, 05:45 PM
snoopy
Advanced

Four rivers harley davidson Paducah KY. 270-443-5636. They had a few sets left. They bought up a bumch when it was announced the would stop making them because of EPA.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:47 PM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I just ordered a set of 2.25" for my 06 EGS. I stopped in at my Harley dealer and he had a set of 2" on a 07 RG and they sound incredible. I would go big or go home! I am not looking for a really load exhaust but I think the 2" or 2.25" Rush sound just like a Harley should. If you buy the 2" and they are to loud or to quiet you can get a different set of baffles for $40-$50. Hope this helps some! Bryan

Old 02-14-2007, 06:49 PM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I put the 2.25 on mine after checking the dyno sheets Rush has posted. Very happy with them.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:03 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

I have had the Rush 2.5" baffles for two years and 10,000 miles on my '05 Ultra.NO REGRETS and I can still hear the Hogtunes at 85 mph!

IT SOUNDS LIKE A HARLEY (not a tin can and not obnoxious either).

My advice, don't waste your time (like I did) on 1.5" vs 1.75" vs 2.0" vs 2.25" - just go with the 2.5" - period.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:13 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Harleynole

I now own an 07 Ultra (my second Harley). When I purchased the bike, I had the stage 1 upgrade, A/C, and SE pipes. Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed in the sound of the 07 SE's. They have a "nice" throaty sound, but I want more decibels. I want to be heard coming and going. I'm not much of a wrench or a techy. My question is....What is the difference in the Rush 1.5" baffles, 1.75" baffles, 2" etc. I can't hear any difference in sound on the internet.
I installed the 1.75's and wouldn't want it any louder. They are deep and throaty at idle and cruise, with a bark when on the throttle. What's more, they don't drown out the stereo. If I did anything different I'd probably put the 1.5's on, but I'm happy with the status quo.

I had Samson Rolled Thunder slip-ons on my old RK, and although they sounded great they didn't sound so terrific after a day in the saddle, and earplugs were not effective. My ears would ring for hours afterward, and now that I have a stereo I want to hear it. I even thought about leaving the stock mufflers on...but not for long.

Quick Reply: Rush Slipons