Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok lets here about the thundermax system from somebody who has it

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:16 PM
detroitrick
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ok lets here about the thundermax system from somebody who has it

Installed a Zip Kit from Zippers back in 06 for my06UC.ECU, fatcat 2 into 1, air filter upgrade.
Great products, easy to tune with a laptop. Bought the auto tune upgrade in 07 that plugs into the Trundermax ECU best money I've spent on this bike. Support from Zippers is excellent.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
musclehead
Cruiser

I have the ThunderMax w/ Auto Tune on an '07 Street Glide and have been very pleased with the performance. The installation and set-up was much easier than I expected, and this is in spite of there not being a base map in the library for my application. I have a RevPerformance 107 BB, stock heads, SE 50mm throttle body, Andrews 31H cam and D&D FatCat 2-1 exhaust. I used the one base map available for the SE throttle body (the instructions indicate that the TB is the most important factor). The bike started on the first revolution and it was neat to watch the laptop as it tuned itself. I've had no performance issues from the first ride - starts easy (cold and hot), idles perfect, accelerates with no hesitation, runs cooler and even gets decent fuel mileage.

I bought mine through "Shooter64" of CatEye Customs who is mentioned in an earlier post. Not only did he have the T-Max in stock (Drag couldn't supply one w/outa long delay), but he shipped it from Arkansas to North Carolina in 2 days at an amazing price. I must say that I'm extremely pleased with the T-Max/Cateye Customs combination.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:58 PM
fatstreetglide
Novice

Just did a 3200 mile trip after letting the Thundermax autotune work for about 800 miles on my Streetglide before leaving. I have done nothing to the system as far as adjusting AFR for cruise settings. The bike runs so much smoother and stronger with the T-max. Best money I have spent so far on anything for both my Fatboy and Streetglide. Averaged 40+-MPG's for the trip and the system worked flawlessly from sea level up to 6400 feet on the Blue Ridge parkway in NC. I love it!

Old 06-07-2007, 10:05 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

I have sold over 60 units and have not had one complaint......not one......and if you are paying retail...you are paying to much....WAY to much

Old 06-07-2007, 10:39 PM
TCruz
Intermediate

Gilbos and 211Chuck, either of you guys go ride in the RAO ride this Saturday? I'm in Lancaster. Would like to see this thing. I'm sittin on my money and just looking for a push to spend it on a T-max.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:43 PM
TCruz
Intermediate

Needed to change my pic. Don't have the deuce anymore.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Geezer Glide Bob
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Mr. G-Runner

Just to let you know, I have a 2007 Ultra Classic. I recently purchased a ThunderMax from Shooter... I too was just a little leary at spending the cash. With the bike running so hot I was willing to spring for it to HELP WITH THE HEAT. Ordered the unit from Shooter and about 5 days later the man in brown delivered a package. At first glance you'll think this is beyond a simple install. READ the directions over several times and make highlited notes with a highliter. Goto a Autozone and either rent or purchase the O2 wrench, you'll save so much time if you have the stock pipes! This ThunderMax is like adding a cam to the bike, It wakes it up and breathes new life into the bike. I have about 200 miles on mine and everytime I get on the bike I have this smile and when I get off the bike I have a smile filled with bugs!

Bob

Old 06-08-2007, 01:41 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 07 Road king and have put about 2000 miles on the ThundermaxAT. It is great. I cannot compare it to the PCIII or the SERT because i never used them.

Starting---it starts on the very first compression stroke.

Power--- Seat of the pants...much improved...much less pinging...still need to keep rpms higher to keep from clattering but its much improved.

I recomend getting this. My Nextdoor neighbor just got his last night...

Old 06-08-2007, 05:09 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Me and my buddy on the GW are going to the field of steel this sat. heres a link, http://www.fieldofsteel.com/home2.htmI havn't heard anything I can think of about RAO, what is it?TCruz you from these parts, always looking for people to ride with

Old 06-08-2007, 05:39 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for post,the clatter noise was what I was interested in.Guess I dont have to go w/a thundermax.

Quick Reply: Ok lets here about the thundermax system from somebody who has it