Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok lets here about the thundermax system from somebody who has it

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 03:46 PM
BedPimp
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ok lets here about the thundermax system from somebody who has it

211Chuck,

Have you had a chance to install the Thundermax with the Peacemaker pipes yet? That's the combination I've been thinking of using and am curious how you like it.

Thanks!
Todd

Old 04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
DaHowie
Advanced

What I want to know is if you are taking them off for service?

Old 04-17-2007, 09:40 PM
cdem02
Advanced

I installed the Thundermax w/ auto tune on my RoadGlide after completing the engine build. Runs great with no problems yet. Easy to install and work with. I can tell it is running smoother since it first started, however I don't feel it changing when it is "learning". The only install problem I had was that the exhaust shop that welded in my bungs drilled the hole to small for the sensor. I had to buy a 90 degree head for my dremel and grind the hole while not cutting the threads. PIA I will have it dynoed after reaching the 1000 mile marker and I will post the numbers.

chuck

[IMG]local://upfiles/13329/AE182933B7B943EE9FE45AD06FA362D1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-31-2007, 11:02 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Shooter64,

Sent ya an Email,
Hbsoldier3

Old 05-31-2007, 11:06 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just loaded mine2 days ago, had a small hickup as we missed one connector, but zippers tech support helped me figure that out, and it was zip boom bang after that. Easy to install, easy to program, and it has since started to learn mynew 107" build where it runs fantastic. Go get one, this thing is the shiznit! Especially if you plan to mod you bike and add things along the line.

Graeme

Old 05-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Z_Stingray
Tourer

I can tell it is running smoother since it first started, however I don't feel it changing when it is "learning".
I have the same experience. I don't have much assurance that the AutoTune is doing its job. When I tried to run the IAC Auto function the RPM's raced to roughly 2000 (max'ed out for this operation). I've run it twice on two differenct setups with the same results. Is there a problem with my unit?

I can see the feedback coming from the O2 sensors in monitor mode so I know the Autotune is talking with them. I have, however, experienced a few messages that the unit does not detect the O2 sensors and wants to switch over to Open Loop Mode. Any ideas about this?

Altogether, I really have no complaints of how the bike runs. I just don't feel much "tuning" going on.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:55 AM
tizone
Tourer

I had one installed on my 07 Ultra and so far so good. The bike runs much cooler, seems to have much better throttle response and power, and idles noticeably smoother with less vibration. I love it so far.

And if you are still shopping, I picked mine up at American Classic Motors for $699. They are stand up guys and were a big help.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:55 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

If you're seeing the "can't find 02 sensor" messages, you either have the map loaded as NON Closed Loop, or you missed the data bas connector and the module isn't seeing the 02 sensors. Call zipper tech support and talk to Randy if you need immediate help.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:28 PM
99igor
Cruiser

I installed my new thundermax system with auto tune on my mm 99 bagger last week. I now have about 200 miles on it and it is great. The bike runs great and starts imediately. No pop or sputter and is every thing a bike could want. Mine actually converted my MM injecton over to a Delphi type. So no more idle problems or any of the other problems that MM is prone to.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Spartan
Road Captain

I have put over a thousand miles since installing theTM andI couldn't be happier. Runs verystrong, doesn't backfireand runs much cooler (oil temp hasn't broken 225 degriding in 95 deg weather, city or hwy).

Quick Reply: Ok lets here about the thundermax system from somebody who has it