Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin seats - how hard are they?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013 | 03:14 PM
TheRainMan
|
Cruiser
Default Corbin seats - how hard are they?

Hey fellow riders, I am asking for experienced opinions here. For those of you who have spent some time riding Corbin seats - did you find them to be comfortable?

What has been your experience?

Thanks in advance!

(BTW - I don't need any helpful comments like, "its up to your personal choice - everyone has their own opinion... blah, blah, blah.")

Old 03-19-2013 | 03:18 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior

They are firm for sure. You won't be able to push your thumbprint in one, but your backside will appreciate the support.

I've got a Dual Tour and love every mile of it. Some say it takes 1000 miles to break one in. I don't know that mine feels any different after 20k miles than it did on day one, but its still every bit as comfortable (to me at least).

Old 03-19-2013 | 03:19 PM
Earl IV
Tourer

They are molded to a butt shape, if your butt is the "right" size, you won't find a more comfortable seat. If you're on the small side, they're good too. If you have a lot of junk in the trunk you probably won't like them cause the sides of your *** will hang over the raised edge of the seat. There's no give in the underlying form, and 3/8-1/2 padding over the top.

You need to sit on one to see if your butt fits the mold, that's the "personal choice" everyone talks about.

Old 03-19-2013 | 03:21 PM
pacemakertom
Road Master

Just purchased a Corbin solo.
Put a 1000 miles in 3 days. Very firm and very comfortable.
$$$$ but worth it.

Tom

Old 03-19-2013 | 03:27 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Its a good firm. Best thing to do is have them custom build it for you. Doesnt cost any more for them to make it fit your ***.

Old 03-19-2013 | 03:28 PM
Hunter 1
Cruiser

I have a Corbin solo on my RK, just did 700 miles in two days on it, very comfortable seat.

Old 03-19-2013 | 03:40 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Earl IV
They are molded to a butt shape, if your butt is the "right" size, you won't find a more comfortable seat. If you're on the small side, they're good too. If you have a lot of junk in the trunk you probably won't like them cause the sides of your *** will hang over the raised edge of the seat. There's no give in the underlying form, and 3/8-1/2 padding over the top.

You need to sit on one to see if your butt fits the mold, that's the "personal choice" everyone talks about.
I will have to partially disagree with Earl on this one. I am a bigger guy (295) and I guess my trunk junk isn't wide enough, because I have no discomfort along the sides of my ***.

I highly recommend them for bigger guys because of the firmness. I have used several other very good seats, from good companies like Mustang for example. These seat are less firm then the Corbin. And what happens is that my more substantial weight will eventually cause my tailbone to start bouncing off the plastic seat pan. Not very comfortable. This does not happen with the Corbin and its firmer padding. I can easily ride 500+ mile days with my Corbin, and have many times. I will not ride with any other brand seat.

Old 03-19-2013 | 03:49 PM
Beav
Road Warrior

Best SADDLE I've ever sat on.

Firm, yes!

You ever see any cowboys tying pillows to horses?

Worth the $$$$$

Beav

Old 03-19-2013 | 04:15 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member

I have one and it does have some give in the cushion and is not has hard as A wedding *****. My butt still burns after 100 miles. It is very comfortable to sit on though. I think people either have a butt for riding far or they don't. I for one don't think I have one

Old 03-19-2013 | 04:25 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

I owned one for over 4,000 miles. My butt loved it, but my back couldn't take the jolts from it being so hard.

Quick Reply: Corbin seats - how hard are they?