Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin seats - how hard are they?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013 | 12:31 PM
grbrown
Club Member

Had ours for about 12 years and travelled in USA, Canada and around Europe on lengthy tours. We would have changed it long ago if it wasn't fine!

Old 03-20-2013 | 12:35 PM
Ape Hangers
Cruiser

I like my Corbin, It did take 500-1000mi to fully break in, the leather I chose was kinda puffy when I got it, but then smoothed out to a nice close fit during break in.

Old 03-20-2013 | 12:37 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member

I tried one. Made about 10 mi and took it off. Fortunately for me it was a demo seat I tried at the Ormond store. Not gonna bad mouth the seat it just wasn't for me or the wife. Kinda like sitting on a piece of 1''x10 pine.

Old 03-20-2013 | 12:44 PM
D-9 OPERATOR
Cruiser

Second Corbin classic solo for me had one on my 08 was the first thing I did to my 12 streetglide they have a great passenger pad also , wife loves it

Old 03-20-2013 | 12:50 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Had a Corbin, everyone told me "you'll love it once it breaks in", 2 years later sold it & got a C&C and have never looked back!

Old 03-20-2013 | 12:57 PM
HotVrod
Tourer

40k on this one/solo with removable rear seat.....200lb 6'1''...certainly not soft but it is a "saddle". Have ridden for hours on it no complaints...I did have the rear seat repadded for the lady.
I like it way better than sitting in that foamy cushion and sweating my nutz off...

Old 03-20-2013 | 03:34 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member

I had my Corbin solo made with softer foam from the factory, it was very comfortable right out of the box.
Had a used regular Corbin before that, and it was hard as a rock.
Also have a Corbin on my 77 goldwing, very comfortable..
They will use softer foam if you ask them. They didn't recommend it, said it would wear out to fast, but it has been fine so far.
Here's a pic of the custom one.

Old 03-20-2013 | 03:44 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member

Corbins are either love them or hate them seats. They're high quality and genuine leather. Those who like them can go 15 hrs a day on them. Others can't last an hour on one. Seats are so individual that it's hard for us to say what will fit you. I've seen this far too many times and it's just the truth. Seats are tricky. You have to try them is all I can say. If it doesn't fit don't worry someone here will buy it on the forum very quickly.

I for one love Corbin seats. They fit me great and every Corbin I ever bought for a bike was the last seat I ever bought for that bike. But I can also say that my stock factory RK seat fits me great - which not many on here seem to like the fit of factory seats.

Old 03-20-2013 | 04:14 PM
ccreyeder
Cruiser

I'll throw my positive vote in. They are indeed firm, but to me, a comfortable type of firm. I compare it to a temperpedic mattress. Very firm with lots of support. I had a dual touring model on my Wide Glide and where I really noticed the difference was when I took it off to trade it in for my Road King. I missed it immediately. I need to sell that one so I can put one on the King.

So, I guess my advice is, if you like a firm mattress, you would prob like a Corbin seat. If you are the type that likes soft plush mattresses that you sink down into, you will prob hate it. Definitely should try to find someone's to sit on and see what you think.

Old 03-20-2013 | 04:18 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Having both a LePara bare bones and a Mustang vintage solo I prefer hard. I put about 50k on the bare bones and about 10k on the Mustang. I for one prefer hard. I finally have the $700 sitting here for my Corbin im buying in about 2 months.

Quick Reply: Corbin seats - how hard are they?