Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Buy '07
61.90%
Wait for '08
38.10%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

BUY '07 OR WAIT FOR '08? VOTE NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 11:52 PM
cougarcruiser
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BUY '07 OR WAIT FOR '08? VOTE NOW!

Harley's are worse than cars. You always want the newest model, but *typically* there are not significant changes from year to year. An obvious exception for the 06-07 model year...

I am betting that the 07-08 will be minor... maybe cruise control will be standard (along with a 300+ in MSRP pricetag)... There may be a 'watercooled' option on a bike or 2, but it's going to be a LONG time before harley really moves everything that direction...

ABS possibly? built in touch screen nav in the Ultra's? We are dreaming.

besdies... My short time owning a Harley doesn't mean much -- but it seems to me that you would most likely be able to upgrade an 07 to an 08 model pretty easily...

the 96/six speed is around to stay for a while... I'll give it 5 years before another major re-work....

Don't fight the temptation. If the dealer has what you want... colors... options... price... why not go for it!

I just purchased my first HD (previously owned Honda, Victory, etc) -- and i am 100% excited and sure of my decision. I seriously don't see myself ever owning anything else now.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:55 PM
sims5
Cruiser

I heard that the 08's are going to be a hybrid, run on gas and electric, don't tell anyone else though cause I got this info from a real inside source. Don't tell anyone, you've got to keep this info just between me and you, till it gets out and then you can tell everyone that you knew first. If you go to your dealer and ask about the 96eg model and he grins then you'll know that I'm telling you the truth.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:57 PM
fatboylust
Road Captain

There was a lot of talk about how the EPA rules were the cause of all the problems and how the bigger engines were HD's way of keeping up with the metric competition while compensating for the tighter EPA mandates. So if you liked what they did on 07 you will love the 08s and 09s. Many of us are old enough to remember when Detroit invoked the EPA rules of the 70s and how it seemed we would never see performance cars from Detroit again yet now in the mid 2000s we have 500hp stock Mustangs. So given enough time HD will continue to refine their products to provide the performance the market demands. Water-cooled is coming it is a matter of physics, sorry; until them enjoy the ride. Only advise I can give anyone is to stop waiting to start living the rest of your life.

FBL

Old 02-14-2007, 12:05 AM
GGC
Road Warrior

Why not wait for an 010!!!!!! they will be even better yet!

Old 02-14-2007, 12:53 AM
johnny canuck
Road Captain

your salesman is a jerk...with a showroom full of bikes in Februaryand the inventoryinterest clock ticking, I'm sure he would have impressed his boss by saying...Yeah, Had an up...guy was real hot but I convinced to wait 6 months for the 08s! Brilliant!!! This guy will probably be selling vinyl siding come summer.
These guys know s--t! With the increase in the HD dealer body, the caliber of salepeople, parts and techs, in most cases has dropped dramatically. When you deal with a good one--stay with them. They are a rarity. (Off topic..Seems everyone with a dyno is now a qualified tuning expert.)

Old 02-14-2007, 12:58 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

This guy will probably be selling vinyl siding come summer.
mmmwwwhhhaaaaaaa!!!!!!!11111[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 02-14-2007, 01:42 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Well...I guess you all have some very good points. Something to definitely consider. They did have until this morning apparently the Jake/Elwood Custom Color. It was there last one and it was sold this morning. Sooo....now what? There really isn't any other colors I like, except for Vivid Black. Maybe that's just what I do...go for another black Ultra and just be done with it.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:16 AM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dats what happens!!! You go home to think about it and the next thing you know, "BAMMO" some other dude is riding YOUR scoot. Just head to the dealership, close your eyes and listen... one of them will call to you, otherwise, head down the road to the next shop. Who knows, the 08's might be out by then. Good Luck.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:53 AM
godshd
Advanced

I would wait for the 08 and be the first on the block to have an 08. At least for a day or two.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:29 AM
cjuetten
Tourer

One thing to keep in mind NO ONE knew the 07 were going to be 96" 6 speeds......or at least that how it seemed.

Yet somehowthere wereEngineers designing them, Supplies building parts for them. Hell an entire production line was building them complete with "Six Speed and 96" markingson them.Yet none of this leaked out. If there is one thing HD employees and suppliers can dowell it's"Keep a Secret" so don't put much faith in rumors of whats gonna happen next year.

Quick Reply: BUY '07 OR WAIT FOR '08? VOTE NOW!