Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide visibility

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013 | 12:31 AM
speedracer
Tourer
Default Uncle Paul

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul
I have the Radiantz rear LED bulbs on my 12 Street Glide. They are almost too bright. Huge increase in rear visability. They were inexpensive (+/- $50), 5 minute plug and play. Did not need to add any type of equalizer.

I love the clean look of the rear fender without the center stop light, but as your friend noted, more light is better than less.

You can also get a brighter fender tip tri-light that also lights up more when the brake is pressed. Pretty cool.

LED's are very eye catching.

Do you have a part number and is it just a led buld that you purchased?

Old 03-13-2013 | 02:30 AM
EZSkankin29
Road Captain

Added LED saddlebag spoilers to my 09 which are run/brake. Also an option. Cool look but think their pricey.

Old 03-13-2013 | 02:32 AM
Bigpoppa_Junior
Road Captain

Originally Posted by stro1965
I have a buddy with a new Street Glide. He is uncomfortable with the lighting on the rear and wants to be more visible. What options would he have with his stock set-up regarding brake/turn signals on the *** end?
Plasma rods are incredible! Look into these I hide them on my road king. They give great visibility and are just plain cool. They work with run brake turn moduals too.
http://www.customdynamics.com/plasma_rod_led_lights.htm

Last edited by Bigpoppa_Junior; 03-13-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old 03-13-2013 | 10:34 AM
rufasim
Road Warrior

The plasma rods look veryinteresting. I have kinda silly question. Do you need to remove the rear tire to wire these?

Old 03-13-2013 | 10:52 AM
stro1965
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rufasim
The plasma rods look veryinteresting. I have kinda silly question. Do you need to remove the rear tire to wire these?
I'm interested too....easy install?

Old 03-13-2013 | 11:01 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Easy install on the plasma rods they just use 3m tape. A lot of us cut a piece of quarter round and mount it first the mount the plasma rods to it. This makes them more visible.

A search should find the detailed thread on doing that.

Last edited by bberck; 03-13-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-13-2013 | 11:16 AM
tacoma5432
Tourer

i went with the Custom Dynamics kit..... Gen 200 kit--1157 on mine. its still going back together but in the garage its way brighter then stock, and it comes with the stabalizer too.

Old 03-13-2013 | 11:52 AM
IHC67
Tourer

I have the Custom Dynamics LED's, just this weekend a buddy was riding behind me and commented how bright they were, he thought my brake lights were on all the time.
I might add Plasma's sometime.

I do like the aux light Drukanfu mentioned...
Originally Posted by drukanfu
I added the HD auxiliary brake/running light and Custom Dynamics red LED R/B/T bulbs & load equalizer.
http://iwblogger.com/2011/new-h-d-le...ake-light-kit/

Old 03-13-2013 | 12:07 PM
texasrich27
Cruiser

although I very seldom ride after dark, I did have a guy tell me once that 'from a distance' he thought my tail lights were on a bigger vehicle and that he was much further away (he was actually just about on top of me) than he was. Fortunately he had the presence of mind and enough road to pull along side rather than run me over.

I added one of the brake modules that flashes 3 times, holds and repeats. Still get nervous sitting at stop signs/lights but it's better than it was.

I do like the 'clean' look of the Street Glide, but strictly from a survival perspective, I'm leaning towards a more lights is better philosopy.

Old 03-13-2013 | 12:10 PM
Rock Chalk
Road Master

Originally Posted by bberck
Easy install on the plasma rods they just use 3m tape. A lot is cut a piece of quarter round and mount it first the mount the plasma rods to it. This makes them more visible.

A search should find the detailed thread on doing that.
i did the plasma rods too. i just set up as brake lights. easy install...just follow the thread mentioned.

Quick Reply: Street Glide visibility