Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quadzilla Fairing Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007 | 03:34 PM
crash18e
Stage IV
Default RE: Quadzilla Fairing Update

jmortin10, which type of Clarion sterep did you choose?

Old 06-10-2007 | 04:56 AM
kkrommm
Intermediate

I have a quadzilla fairing on my 05 road king custom. Bought in june of06 The cd player is great It has never skipped. Im glad to hear the info on the speaker size, I was going to put in hogtunes, but it sounds like they will not fit?? I installed the sirius adapter for it and it has been great> I love the interchangeability of the fairing,4 nuts and the e-harness and youcan go with no fairing, or the basic clear windscreen.Has anyone contacted hogtunes to see if you can get 5" speakers?

thanks kkrommm

Old 06-10-2007 | 12:37 PM
Fast Eddie
|
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: kkrommm

I have a quadzilla fairing on my 05 road king custom. Bought in june of06 The cd player is great It has never skipped. Im glad to hear the info on the speaker size, I was going to put in hogtunes, but it sounds like they will not fit?? I installed the sirius adapter for it and it has been great> I love the interchangeability of the fairing,4 nuts and the e-harness and youcan go with no fairing, or the basic clear windscreen.Has anyone contacted hogtunes to see if you can get 5" speakers?

thanks kkrommm
kkrommm:

Mine has never skipped either. My initial skipping problem was due to my homemade CD's from a number of years ago. They were so bad they would skip when the bike was standing still with theengine off. The only 5" Speaker of quality that are weather resistant thatI have found is a new speaker that Polk Audio came out with in February; the db501. They will fit in the speaker holes in a top mountconfigurationbutI am not sure about the mounting hole spacing matching up with what is on the Quadzilla. Also the db501's don't come with grilles so something has to be figured out there. I am trying to bottom mount the J&M 5 1/4" speakers. If that doesn't work them I will probably pursue the Polk db501's unlessI find another alternative. I have contacted Hogtunes and their speakers won't fit (they don't offer 5" speakers) without substantial modification to the inner fairing. They have tried it. There is a photo ofa Quadzillathey modified on Page 72 of the May/June issue of Hot Bike Baggers. You can see how they had to build up the depth of of the inner faiirng to mount the outside speakers. There are no grilles shown either. The photo caption insinuates they will offer these for sale butI have not heard they plan to do that.