Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
<$500
18.03%
$500-700
27.87%
$700-900
29.51%
$900-1100
11.48%
$1100-1300
4.92%
$1300-1500
1.64%
>$1500
6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

KING TOUR-PAK POLL. VOTE NOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Candy Red Road Glide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KING TOUR-PAK POLL. VOTE NOW!!

why not just bid on it on ebay maybe you can get it cheaper than your cash offer...if not then 1 of the parties will be happy and another not so happy

Old 02-13-2007, 09:42 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: Teachu2
92% rating is NOT very good - in fact, it is very poor. Nything under 98 raises doubts, and I pass on those under 95 unless they have very few transactions and 1 negative. Your 3 out of 33, twice when you were the SELLER, would eliminate you from consideration for me on an item of this value.
Well there certainly has been quite a bit of feedback (no pun intended) on this topic. Thanks for everyone's honest input. To clarify an important point, the cash offer was somebody who lives here in So. Cal. locally. He also saw the listing on eBay and sent me a message through eBay to discuss a cash deal, before the auction ends. It wasn't as though, I was made a cash offer, then listed it. That would be something else entirely. Surprisingly, I've had contact with people from Germany, Italy and one other european country (buyer didn't specify). So there's a lot of interest. Not knowing what I should expect to get for the Tour-Pak, I ran this poll. Some of you may be reading in to this a bit too much. I wasn't polling your opinions on whether I should sell it, or how to sell it, or which offer to take. I was only trying to gauge what you all think it would sell for/what it's worth. So for those that took the poll, thanks for sharing. For those that didn't, that's okay...you're under no obligation.

As far as the Feedback issue is concerned, the only thing I'd say to Teachu2 is that you are only seeing one side to it. As TexasRedneck pointed out, if you are an honest person and use the system the way it was designed, thesystem can work against you, as it did to me. The last timeI was the buyer. The seller flat out lied. The item I bought was a watch which was described as in good working condition/runs smooth. Fact is it didn't work at all and he said he wouldn't do anything about it. I took it to a watch repair shop and they quoted me $300 for repairs. So I left negative feedback. What does the seller do? He screws me by claiming the watch worked. In the end I filed a claim and eBay/PayPal took my side and refunded my money. I sent them a copy of the invoice from the repair shop. The other two guys were total deadbeats. One bidon my auction and simply didn't pay. So again, I left negative feedback. The other didn't pay me for 3 WEEKS! I have a 7 day payment policy. He also didn't communicate or return any emails. So, clearly these guyswere in the wrong. They deserved the negative feedback that was left for them, but it always backfires against you because theyretaliate. So where does that leave us? Well...clearly you fell for it and made a judgement call based only on what you saw. Had you taken the time to really dig in or inquireyou would havefound out what thereal issue was. In the grand scheme of things, I have a job and a life....I am not a career eBayer, so I don't get to hung up on it. There are jokers everywhere andthere's not much you can do about it.Oh well. Fortunately, most reasonable people who have experience with the system know how it works and will take a chance. As proof, look at the 10 bids that are already on the Tour-Pak which is currently at $610.00

Last point, I'd like to make. As far as the auction goes vs. selling it private party. That's my option as seller. I do not discriminate against to whom I sell it to...only that it goes to the highest bidder. I fully disclosed on the listing that the item is advertised locally and I reserve the right to cancel the auction. Having informed bidders of that fact, after that a person is on his own and accepts responsibility for his/her bid. If it'sa concern to bi

Old 02-13-2007, 09:46 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

So far 8% of those polled think it will for sell/worthmore than $1500 That's interesting...obviously there is a market out there and it'sbased on supply and demand. Are you thinkingthat because this is an Anniversary TP it might be worth more? Or does that matter? Your thoughts?

Old 02-13-2007, 11:21 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tda69

So far 8% of those polled think it will for sell/worthmore than $1500 That's interesting...obviously there is a market out there and it'sbased on supply and demand. Are you thinkingthat because this is an Anniversary TP it might be worth more? Or does that matter? Your thoughts?
Or they're just yankin' your chain! Problem is that all opinions of what it's worth only count if they are buyers with cash in hand.

I fully understand the Ebay "feedback" system - it stinks! I once bought a welder. Had 6 emails back and forth with the seller prior to close, was told what a great machine it was. Drove 275 miles one way to pick it up, and it was dead - wouldn't even click with a jump! Seller never even said he was sorry. I drove home and posted that the machine was not as advertised - and he left me a negative. MY ONLY ONE in 125+ transactions.

If I had the misfortune of having 3 negatives out of 33, and it was not my fault, I'd dump the user name and start fresh. I would much rather buy from someone with no feedback than from someone who has had problems. It's like a credit score - no credit is better than bad credit.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:51 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

Or they're just yankin' your chain! Problem is that all opinions of what it's worth only count if they are buyers with cash in hand.
Amen to that! Cash talks. That's for sure. On the other note about the feedback, can it be erased? Is starting over with a new user-name the only option? It bugs me that the feedback is not a true or accurate portrayal of me as a seller/buyer. In my judgment, I am 100% positive. I've been totally honest in all of my dealings. Of course as you pointed out, the system doesn't reflect that. So where does that leave me? I'm not losing sleep at night over it...but on the other hand, I wish there were a way to overcome it. I think eBay should bejudicious as it relates to Feedback. They should monitor the situation more. If more people lose faith in their system, then they lose money. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:19 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen to that! Cash talks. That's for sure. On the other note about the feedback, can it be erased? Is starting over with a new user-name the only option? It bugs me that the feedback is not a true or accurate portrayal of me as a seller/buyer. In my judgment, I am 100% positive. I've been totally honest in all of my dealings. Of course as you pointed out, the system doesn't reflect that. So where does that leave me? I'm not losing sleep at night over it...but on the other hand, I wish there were a way to overcome it. I think eBay should bejudicious as it relates to Feedback. They should monitor the situation more. If more people lose faith in their system, then they lose money. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
I thinkyour value should be fair at the $1100 -$1300. When I was looking to buy a RG with out the TP, I did the same thing with the retail prices and was astonished. Made sense to me to by an EGC or RG with the TP as OEM. It was about $1000- $1300 difference in asking prices at HD dealers and HD4Sale/HDTrader.
Howone sets up an Ebay bid is beyond me and I know that. I have had a recent experience with a vendor that uses Ebay and a Home site. His declaration of 100% satisfaction was totally irrevalent to me. I did not use his Ebay site.
And I Absolutely Agree that the ratingor feedback are suspect. My issue was one of just one purchaser's shipping and insurance for loss or damage. Eventually the product was replaced, but at some loss of capital to me in returned shipping costs, (my offer to solve a problem that initialy may not been resolved) and some possible loss of credibility to both of us.

I am not looking back and have moved on with respect to the purchase.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:06 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only way I know is create a new identity with another email address.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:32 PM
classic cruiser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you decided to sell out early, how much did you let it go for?

Old 02-15-2007, 12:49 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

$1,100. cash on the barrel head. This guy lives in Long Beach, close to where I live. This morning I checked the auction and it was up to $810. and I probably would have gotten the $1100 anyway...maybe more. At the end of the day, I decided to sell to this fella because he owns an Anniversary bike. In fact he owns 14 bikes. 4 or 5 are Anniversary models. The Tour-Pak is for his '03 Road Glide which had the same paint scheme and stripes as my Ultra. The fact that he was close,I didn't have to deal with shipping and that it was a cash dealcertainly played a big factor. I think at the very most, maybe I could have gotten $1500. but the likelihood is probably very small. So I went with the $1100 in the hand is worth more than $1500 in the bush theory.