Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What A/C to use with a Crankcase Breather Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 01:43 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What A/C to use with a Crankcase Breather Kit

Who has installed one of the commercially available crankcase breather kits? I wanted to use one but it looks like the kits will not work with any A/C that does not have a flat back plate. After 2 hours of searching posts, I saw a lot of A/C but did not recognize them. I want to upgrade to a Stage 1 and want to install the breather kit and new A/C at the same time and do the exhaust and tuning later this summer. Who is using what kind of Stage 1 air cleaner that has a flat back plate? They all seem hell bent on stopping someone from bypassing the breather. Too bad because I like the Arlen Ness Big Sucker.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 960 Likes on 569 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean about a flat backplate, but I'm using the Vance & Hines V02 setup with my stock a/c cover on my FLHR and am completley happy with it. Breather hoses straight into throttle body and no sight of blowby after 9k miles so far....

Old 03-09-2013, 07:23 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hammerhead Pat
I'm not sure what you mean about a flat backplate, but I'm using the Vance & Hines V02 setup with my stock a/c cover on my FLHR and am completley happy with it. Breather hoses straight into throttle body and no sight of blowby after 9k miles so far....
I don't want the breather hose to go into the throttle body, I want to vent to atmosphere with an aftermarket kit. The kit takes the place of the spacers on the backplate of the A/C and goes between the cylinder heads and A/C. I'll try to find pictures.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:28 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Go to the DK Custom website I think they have what your looking for. I have their Outlaw 587 high flow AC and it does not reroute to the throttlebody.You can use either their breather bolts or the hose and filter kit they offer.

Attached Thumbnails What A/C to use with a Crankcase Breather Kit-p1030100.jpg  
Old 03-09-2013, 08:32 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

This is what you want.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:05 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,199 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
This is what you want.

Thanks man!

Click HERE to see all the different styles.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 AM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by C908
Go to the DK Custom website I think they have what your looking for. I have their Outlaw 587 high flow AC and it does not reroute to the throttlebody.You can use either their breather bolts or the hose and filter kit they offer.
I appreciate the tip. Looks like you have the breather bolts. Does oil come out of them? One reason for the change is so my beautiful wife doesn't get oil on her fancy cowboy boots.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:53 AM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Thanks man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GgnixrLqBo

Click HERE to see all the different styles.
Hey guys, I'm sold. For my stock TC88, is there any noticeable performance difference between the 5 7/8", 7" & 7 7/8" set ups? I'm thinking maybe SuperTrapp slip-ons later this summer to complete the Stage 1, so you know I'm not going for wild and crazy performance.
Great web site, easy to navigate.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:32 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,199 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by MyFirstHD
I appreciate the tip. Looks like you have the breather bolts. Does oil come out of them? One reason for the change is so my beautiful wife doesn't get oil on her fancy cowboy boots.
Oil should not come out of them. If you are having a blowby issue due to worn umbrella valves or other reasons (see this LINK) the Breather bolts do NOT solve that problem. But if you choose the Traditional Hose & Filter option, you will be good.

Originally Posted by MyFirstHD
Hey guys, I'm sold. For my stock TC88, is there any noticeable performance difference between the 5 7/8", 7" & 7 7/8" set ups? I'm thinking maybe SuperTrapp slip-ons later this summer to complete the Stage 1, so you know I'm not going for wild and crazy performance.
Great web site, easy to navigate.
Thank you. All of them will work fine, they all flow more air than your engine can eat.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:34 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

DK. Can I get the kit without the cover and filter. I basicly just want the back plate assy and breather bolts?

Quick Reply: What A/C to use with a Crankcase Breather Kit