Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phase 7 LEDs are amazing

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:44 PM
uuscotty
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phase 7 LEDs are amazing

Been kicking around the LED light thing for a while and I am really glad I finally did it. They are truly amazing!

Took a short ride tonight and took the long way to the gas station along some back roads without streetlights and the depth of the light in front of you, the peripheral light and the sheer brightness amazed me. I had been a bit hesitant to go LED because I have an RKC and didn't think it would go to well with the look I want since I am trying to keep things "nostalgic" with my mods and of course there's the price, but as a safety measure, they just aren't even in the same league as halogens.

Did a lot of reading on these to compare the Truck-Lite phase 6 lights, the HD daymakers and Truck-Lite phase 7 lights and all were praised by anyone that had them. This review in particular I found to be very helpful: http://bogiesreviews.webs.com/Review...ng%20Lamps.pdf, but I think the special price Eastern Performance had for the Truck-Lite headlight and Aux light kit for $369 is what sealed the deal. Here is a link to the kit pricing at Eastern if anyone is interested: http://www.easternperformance.com/pr...ssing-Lamp-Set

While I was at it, i also changed from the flat style turn signal housings to the bullet style, changed to the short light bar for the rear light, ordered a BAL-3RT taillight, an HD lay down license plate kit to get rid of the billboard plate, called up the folks at Badlands and ordered the Illuminator run/brake/turn module with the built in load equalizer along with front amber and rear red LED turn signal lights and went with the visor trim rings on all lights.

Since I was already going to be in deep doo-doo with the wife anyway, I also decided to purchase the Road King Classic passenger footboard covers and a driver's backrest from Kutter Harley Online (formerly Cycle Parts for Less). Anthony was great to deal with here and I will be purchasing from them again and highly recommend them to anyone looking for HD licenses parts/accessories. About 18-20% cheaper than list and free shipping over $99.

The folks at Badlands were tremendous to deal with and even called me up after business hours the day the goods were supposed to arrive at my house just to check in and see if I received everything alright. It just so happened they called while I was installing them and I was having a problem, so they stayed on the phone with me and got me squared away. Turns out, HD reversed the polarity on the 2012/2013s so I had to depin the terminals from the tyco connector and switch the terminals to get things working. As soon as I told Rick at Badlands what the symptoms were, he knew right away what to try to fix it and it took all of about 10 minutes to fix and get working correctly.

As most of you folks already know, the visor trim ring for the headlight was a pain in the ***. I tried the irwin clamps but couldn't get the gap at the bottom to close up. Turns out the stock trim ring was simply too big and the visor trim ring would never close completely around the stock ring as its circumference just wasn't enough. Simple physics...like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. I ended up tossing the stock trim ring and cutting some tabs out of the headlight bucket and bending them up like some have suggested on the forum and it works perfectly and the new phase 7 headlight looks nice and even inside the trim ring.

It's supposed to be nice this weekend here in STL, so I will get it cleaned up and get some pictures posted Saturday morning to show off all the new mods before I hit the road and enjoy the nice weather.

Spring and a new riding season are almost here!

Old 03-07-2013, 10:12 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Love mine, did the purchase and install late last year based on several well written posts such as yours on this forum. I got mine from an online non-mc place for which the name escapes me as I post this, I remember there being an HD code for an additional discount.

Bright light, I can see GREAT! The ONLY issue I had was the lack of light on comers can see emitting from me during the daylight hours. So I drive with brights on during day and fixed it so my driving lights stay on.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:33 PM
russd
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please post the pics as soon as you can i got set in the from u.p.s yesterday i'm off tuesday and i going to put them on then.i love to see them on another rk

Old 03-08-2013, 03:44 AM
sat4314
Road Captain
Received 1,735 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Phase 7

Running the Truck Lite Phase 7 on my 09 Street Glide and love it. Added Custom Dynamics "dynamic ringz" to the bullet rurn signals instead of adding the running light bar. They stay white while running and change to amber when turn signal is activated. They do add light to side at night and a ton of extra visibility during the day. Wanted to keep the clean appearance on front of the Street Glide.

Attached Thumbnails Phase 7 LEDs are amazing-led2.jpg   Phase 7 LEDs are amazing-led5.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 06:46 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sat4314
Running the Truck Lite Phase 7 on my 09 Street Glide and love it. Added Custom Dynamics "dynamic ringz" to the bullet rurn signals instead of adding the running light bar. They stay white while running and change to amber when turn signal is activated. They do add light to side at night and a ton of extra visibility during the day. Wanted to keep the clean appearance on front of the Street Glide.
i like those pinstripes. definitely an enhancement for a solid black bike

Old 03-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Kingers103
Cruiser

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
i like those pinstripes. definitely an enhancement for a solid black bike
Agreed.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Fred Garvin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sat4314
Run the same setup on my SG and and added the led's with brake strobe in the back....love the setup and get compliments from others about how bright they are.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 AM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

For you all with the P7, did you find you needed to adjust the beam? I have a hot spot (kinda shaped like the letter J) just right of center. I'm hoping I can adjust it out...

Thoughts?

Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by reesestewww
For you all with the P7, did you find you needed to adjust the beam? I have a hot spot (kinda shaped like the letter J) just right of center. I'm hoping I can adjust it out...

Thoughts?
No, they shot right in the same place as the sealed beam. I've used Truck Lites on 3 different dressers and never had to aim one yet.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 AM
badfish67
Intermediate

I needed to adjust mine lower...when I installed it it was aimed too high.

Quick Reply: Phase 7 LEDs are amazing