Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phase 7 LEDs are amazing

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 AM
CGP93
Tourer
Location: Orig Surfers Paradise Australia, then Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, Toronto, now So Cal
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

My P7 is a great addition - I ride mostly during daylight and keep her on high beam.

Ride safe and enjoy the new mods!

Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 AM
CGP93
Tourer
Location: Orig Surfers Paradise Australia, then Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, Toronto, now So Cal
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW, I didnt have to aim mine, I bolted her in and checked the alignment and she was good to go! maybe i got lucky?

Old 03-08-2013, 10:57 AM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

I have the 3 pack and while i am impressed with the hi beam and passing lamps on, the low beam doesn't seem to be any more useful than the stock light.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 AM
keith t
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Put the Phase 7 in a couple weeks ago, really nice. The passing lamps had needed to be adjusted for quite a while but I just hadn't taken the time to monkey with them. Didn't have to adjust the main headight but after a little finagling I did finally get the passing lamps straighted out. Trying to post a before and after of the headlight on high and passing lamps on as well for compairison, very happy with them

Attached Thumbnails Phase 7 LEDs are amazing-p7-hi-beam-and-spots.jpg   Phase 7 LEDs are amazing-stock-hi-beam-and-spots.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 AM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by keith t
Put the Phase 7 in a couple weeks ago, really nice. The passing lamps had needed to be adjusted for quite a while but I just hadn't taken the time to monkey with them. Didn't have to adjust the main headight but after a little finagling I did finally get the passing lamps straighted out. Trying to post a before and after of the headlight on high and passing lamps on as well for compairison, very happy with them
keith,

do you have any pics of your P7 low beam?

thanks

Old 03-08-2013, 02:08 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,530 Likes on 1,425 Posts

TLP7 was the way to go for me, all three.
Highly recommend the passing light wire mod, keep 'em all on bright during the daytime rides.
My aim on the lights were very close to stock - turned mine down just a little.
Mine has a cool "V" in the middle of the beam, like the one on the tank.
Cool!

Old 03-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

These lights are fantastic. I used to have anxiety driving on unlighted roads at night. Now I ride with confidence.

Not only do these Phase 7's have a brighter light, they also illuminate the sides of the road too. The definition produced by this whiter light really brings out the detail of your surrounding.

As others have said, when installed in a bat wing fairing, when you turn around corners the light points up in the sky or down in the dirt. This is no difference than with a standard beam, as the geometry of the mount is the issue, not the light.

Reflective street signs are so much easier to read at a distance, and the white line down the road edge just pops.

Best upgrade ever for riding at night.

Last edited by Uncle Paul; 03-08-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:27 PM
keith t
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm afraid I don't have low beam pics with me. Off loaded phone pis at work and didn't stick em on a stick. Out of town for next week too. I can say the low side isn't near as dramatic but the white light seems better to me than the stock

Old 03-09-2013, 05:52 PM
uuscotty
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by russd
please post the pics as soon as you can i got set in the from u.p.s yesterday i'm off tuesday and i going to put them on then.i love to see them on another rk
Here are a few. Hope this helps...

Rear with layback plate, BAL-3RT, bullet housings and nostalgic saddle bag guards:

Profile of front with visor trim rings:

Phase 7 in visor trim ring (no gap in the ring!):

Hight beams:

Low beams:

Rear running taillight:

All three brake lights:

Old 03-10-2013, 10:31 PM
russd
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got mine put on today they seam to be alot better than stock . i do need to get some type of trim rings they do stick out at least 1/4 inch or more from the stock trim ring on my rk

Quick Reply: Phase 7 LEDs are amazing