Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LA Choppers Twin Peaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 05:33 PM
VividBlacknChrome
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle240
finsihed install of 12" Twin PEaks
had to re route wiring in fairing - and delete the green TBW plug.

I did not need to replace clutch or brake - BUT I am ordering +4 on brake and +6 on clutch so I can ROUTE THEM in the original locations - NOTE PICTURES my brake lever turned down to allow factory brake line to work.... ordered new cables already..waiting for delivery. Very ahppy w/bars!

Awesome bars -
ALSO - got them from HANDLEBARLOUIE - THANKS again!

Great looking bars, i ordered the same, what clutch and brake line did you end up going with?, what do you mean by green tbw delete?

thanks for your help

Old 01-14-2014, 02:48 PM
jimfount00
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Still loving?

Originally Posted by StreetGlider61
Here are my 12" Twin Peaks
Hey there, I'm about to pull the trigger on these bars myself in Chrome. Do you still love them and the size? I was going to go with the Monkey Bars from Paul Yaffee but that price is pretty crazy for something so similar looking.

Anything I should know before I have my installer order these up?

Thanks for the info.

J

Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 AM
StarwalkerP
Supporter

I sure do appreciate you taking the time to give us all the step by steps on your 10" twin peaks bars. I am very interested in these too I have a 2010 ultra limited. I've run across some statements that my heated grips are not going to fit in these bars. Are you or anyone on here familiar with this ? That would be a bummer
Thanks, David

Old 01-22-2014, 09:43 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by StarwalkerP
I sure do appreciate you taking the time to give us all the step by steps on your 10" twin peaks bars. I am very interested in these too I have a 2010 ultra limited. I've run across some statements that my heated grips are not going to fit in these bars. Are you or anyone on here familiar with this ? That would be a bummer
Thanks, David
The bars are 1 1/4" diameter, so I see no reason why the two extra wires for the heated grips would not work. I do recommend getting the SE TBW extension though. It makes it a lot easier to get the wires through the bars without the green plastic connector. I snipped the heated grip wires off my SE TBW extension prior to running the wires since I don't have heated grips, so hopefully someone who installed these bars with heated grips will chime in to give you 100% accurate information.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:38 PM
njhonker
Tourer

any recent updates on you guys that were installing your bars lately? I'm about to order mine....stuck between the 10's and 12's....think I'm going with the 12s

Old 03-01-2014, 12:30 PM
talon0930
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thinking about the 10" Twin Peaks for my older scoot...do you guys that have them notice a big difference in the air hitting your hands? I ride most of the year, and having the wind off my hands is a definate plus...did anyone notice your hands are more exposed or are they still well tucked to prevent that?

Old 02-28-2015, 01:22 PM
WallyWhite
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi everyone, I've also been looking to do bars this winter while I'm holed up here in MN. I've read through this thread numerous times and feel like I'm going to go with the twin peaks. First item, I can't decide between the 10's and 12's. I think position wise I would feel better with the 12's, but the 10's appear to keep your hands behind the fairing more. Based on the excellent pics here, I looks like your hands will sit above the fairing with 12's. Any thoughts from those that have them?

My second item, is can you get HD heated grips to work with these bars? I have HD heated grips on the stock bars. No sure if anyone out there has done them and has heated grips, but that's what I'm thinking would be ideal for me is going with the 12's, but even If I sit above the fairing, the heated grips would offset the numbness on cold days. I was browsing another thread were a guy put Wild1's on his bike with heated grips. He had to cut 3/8" off the left side so that the grip would bump up to the step for the 1 1/4" thickness:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-possible.html

Anyone tried/done this before? Any comments on if your hands are completely in the wind with the 12's?

Thanks for anyone's advice that chimes in.

Last edited by WallyWhite; 02-28-2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Beretta52
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bberck
Think I am about to pull the trigger on some new bars. I have a few I like but think I have decided on the 10 inch LA chopper twin peaks.

Any pics or experience with these. Did a search and couldn't find much.
Mine are 14" I like the extra height here's a few pics.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Calbuzzard67
Stage IV

So for someone that is 6ft 3in. do the 10 inch bars pushed all the way up, put your arms level ? Or do you need to go 12 inch?

Old 04-15-2015, 07:43 PM
HDavidA
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice bars. Im putting 10's on my road king right now. Had a problem with a switch. Waiting of the new one.

Quick Reply: LA Choppers Twin Peaks