Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatcats from True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:40 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Fatcats from True Duals

As mentioned before, currently running VH True Duals with Ovals and have Fatcats with the Ghost Pipe in the garage ready for install, but would like to ask:

-Has anyone ever moved from True Duals to 2-1 system and regretted it?

-If not,I'm interested in hearing your impressions of moving to the Fatcats from Duals.

I've had a Thunderheader on my Fatboy from VH Straightshots and really liked them, but not from True Duals. Looking forward to any kind of feedback!

Thanks guys!

Old 02-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts
Default RE: Fatcats from True Duals

ORIGINAL: GliderXXX

As mentioned before, currently running VH True Duals with Ovals and have Fatcats with the Ghost Pipe in the garage ready for install, but would like to ask:

-Has anyone ever moved from True Duals to 2-1 system and regretted it?

-If not,I'm interested in hearing your impressions of moving to the Fatcats from Duals.

I've had a Thunderheader on my Fatboy from VH Straightshots and really liked them, but not from True Duals. Looking forward to any kind of feedback!

Thanks guys!
I moved from V&H TrueDual headers and Wild Pigs to a Fatcat on my 05 Ultra. No Way, No How, do I regret doing it. The inprovement in performance, especially in the bottom end, is great. IMHO, I would sell the ghost, and just let the whole world see that you only have exhaust on one side.

Don't know anything about your motor, but the Cat with a stock motor is somewhat mellow sounding, except at WOT, where it is healthy sounding, but not rude. Add some compression and cam overlap, and at idle and/or partial throttle, it is VERY healthy sounding, kinda like a mini funny car, and at WOT, it positilvely ROARS.

Trust me, you will be glad you swapped.

Teu

Old 02-12-2007, 08:04 PM
maximus
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think brother Teu is right on. Sell the ghost unless you really like the look, extra weight and cost. Myself, I run the White Bros. e-series 2-1, came off the V&H true duals.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:14 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=exactly.gif]anothervote for selling the ghost pipe you dont need the extra 25# and from the saddle you wont know its there or not. Went from Samson true duals with wild pigs to my Supertrapp Supermeg, no regrets.