Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Led accent lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
djwlbk
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Led accent lights

Looking to put some led accent lights on my new ride. Narrowed to joe florida or custom dynamics in red. Which do you think are brighter and better and why. Thanks for all input.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:40 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by djwlbk
Looking to put some led accent lights on my new ride. Narrowed to joe florida or custom dynamics in red. Which do you think are brighter and better and why. Thanks for all input.
Honestly neither. If I had to do it all over again, I'd go with the cut n' click from bogey lights. Much easier to install and maintain. No soldering...

http://www.boogey.com/product-category/cut-n-click/

Old 03-04-2013, 02:54 PM
bosshog919
Tourer
Default Joe

I haveJoe Florida's control box with remote on my bike and the bike i had before this one..and no problems at all!!! I only bought the control box from him and used lights from AutoZone and Advanced Auto..Joe is a stand up guy and customer services is TOP NOTCH!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:54 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used Joe Florida on 2 different bikes now and have been very pleased with the results. There is no soldering either.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:13 PM
RobsSG
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say I have the Magic Wizard lights from CD and they are great with remote, several options easy to install and the service was great from CD. I have 13 PODS on my bike and there is not a single pod in a place that a machanic would have to remove it to work on the bike. Did it myself, a couple of days to do it perfectly and beer to keep me going. They are high quality I would recommend.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:28 PM
GaCoyote
6th Gear

I'm looking at an LEDGLOW kit for my bike, no soldering, everything is prewired so installation is easier and it is expandable so you can add on more lights at anytime!

Old 04-30-2013, 04:49 AM
Trouble338
Novice

Just finished putting Joe Florida's lights on my brand spankin' new Iron, what a friggin' hassle, not the lights fault, mine mostly, never done anything close to that b4 and I dunno 'bout other Harleys but, this one has a huge plastic casing for the wiring harness just under the frame and above the jugs, right where you want to put the lights....I ended up putting lights between the jugs, in the "V", and it did just fine on the rear fender, so, not quite perfect but not bad. Oh, also, if your motor is mostly flat black like mine, 99.3% flat black,... I really would not buy lights for this, it don't show up worth a damn, need chrome...ok, let me re-phrase that, IF you are using Blue lights,... now White might be worth it, I never thought about it until...oh well...if and when these die out one way or another, I might try the White. And, there is no soldering with J.F.'s wiring.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:51 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just had a couple LED's go out in a 12 light strip that are made by http://swintled.com/ .

I sent the bad light to SWINT LED's , and they shipped me another FREE OF CHARGE. I had them installed in 2008. They advertise that they are the BRIGHTEST, and are plug & play with no soldering.

Located right in Sturgis too !!

Check 'em out !

Last edited by GLACIERPEARL; 04-30-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Angie D300
Novice

Originally Posted by fenderzig
I've used Joe Florida on 2 different bikes now and have been very pleased with the results. There is no soldering either.

How did you go about installing the front wheel LED's? Did you put them under the fender or on the inside of the fork? I appreciate any help.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:36 PM
Covenant
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Stay away from LEDGLOW! After doing a meticulous installation where I removed the fenders and tank to hide all the wires, I connected everything and tucked the excess wire behind the oil bag just like in the video. I tested everything and it was working great. I took the bike for a ride and when it got dark I was super excited to show off my new lights. I used the app to start up my pre-programmed lights and only one zone turned on. As my friends watched I changed to a different setup and the lights went out. That was it, the controller died. I removed the seat and the light on the control box was off even though the power to the bike itself was fine. I checked and replaced the fuse but that was not the problem. I gently tugged the wire harness out from behind the oil bag and discovered that 3 of the wires had lost their connectors and bare wires were making contact and shorted out the control unit! I can't understand how these wires worked themselves loose! The quality of this kit is very poor and the design of the control box is so bad that it will short out without burning out the fuse! LEDGLOW refuses to replace the $70 control box even though they agreed to replace the faulty wires.