Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013 | 03:58 PM
Sc0-
Road Captain

I did a list with a chopped powerproductpart fiberglass tourpack, with premium hardware and top mount rack it came out around $1100 ready to bolt-on using a 4pt 2up mount. Of course, due to sequestration all extra toys and expenses are on hold...

Old 03-05-2013 | 04:30 PM
beachdive
Cruiser
Default Permanent Mount

I just installed the detach mount on my tour pack. If anyone is considering installing a tour pack and wants to leave it on all the time, I have the mounting hardware. Make me an offer.

Old 03-05-2013 | 04:31 PM
KGlideVivid
Road Captain

I ordered a color matched tour pak about a month ago and it just came in last week. Got the detachable 4-point docking kit to go with it. I went with the chopped tour pak - some helpful people on here posted photos and it really goes well with a SG. I almost never tour with a passenger so it is ideal for me.

Old 03-05-2013 | 06:33 PM
Smokengun
Tourer

Ok finally got a recent pic after installin my cheapy trunk that showed up today. Gotta say for the money it's pretty good. I would love to eventually get a full on HD trunk, but being my first ever I wanted to at least see if I'd like it before pullin the trigger on a full on. And if I didn't care for it, I'm only out a hundred bucks. So far so good.

Old 03-05-2013 | 07:14 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

[quote=Smokengun;10993969]Ok finally got a recent pic after installin my cheapy trunk that showed up today. Gotta say for the money it's pretty good. I would love to eventually get a full on HD trunk, but being my first ever I wanted to at least see if I'd like it before pullin the trigger on a full on. And if I didn't care for it, I'm only out a hundred bucks. So far so good.

The Mutazu is very similar in construction to the leather/vinyl covered tour paks HD offers for the Road King. I've had mine for 6 years on a solo rack and found it very convenient and reliable. I don't keep it on the bike and I don't have the wraparound backrest, but it's very easy to put on the bike and remove. It holds about 70-80 percent of what an HD King TP will hold.

I've also had two Ultra King Tour paks mounted on two-up detachable racks that I purchased after the Mutazu. The first was such an incredible deal I couldn't pass it up. My problem with it was that it was very heavy, compared to the Mutazu, so putting it on and removing it required great care, and I got tired of seeing the $$$ it represented sitting in my garage for virtually the entire time except for the couple of times a year I'd use it--and that use was simply to put it to use--the Mutazu would have worked fine. So I sold it.

I got my second Ultra King Tour Pak when I was getting ready to get my bike painted a couple of years ago. I did that only because the painter was mixing a custom color and I thought there might be a time in the future that I'd want an Ultra tour pak, so I better get one and get it painted. I subsequently undertook audio upgrades and thought I could add some custom speaker pods.

The Mutazu is a good value, but it does have limitations; primarily, it won't support the same weight on a luggage rack that an HD tour pak will support.

In any case, good luck with your Mutazu.

Carl

Old 03-05-2013 | 08:10 PM
troop8520
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dead wait
I'm wanting to add a tour pak to my 08 street glide. Anyone have any suggestions as to which one to buy. Best bang for your buck. Any things you would Not do again. I'm just looking for some advice. My wife seems to think that she would be more secure with the tour pak instead of the sissy bar. Thanks for the help.
I was in the same boat as you. I had a street glide and wanted a tour pack. By the time I got the harley color matched pack it was 1200-1400 dollars.... I debated on it and was going to pull the trigger and get it but for 1500 more I could upgrade to. 2013 classic. So, I went the "new" bike route, plus I get the 103 motor, which is another 1200-1400 dollars....

Old 03-05-2013 | 09:29 PM
Cep10SG
Tourer

i gave up trying to upload another pic of my bike.

Attached Thumbnails Tour Pak-img_0195.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013 | 10:47 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member

I have one for sale. Check your email

Old 05-13-2013 | 07:57 PM
Deluxe H-D
Stage III

Check out the Harley chopped tour pack. It's only 3" lower than a full size one. It looks
really cool on the bike and you have alot of options for a back rest pad for the wife