Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013 | 02:39 PM
Ape Hangers
Cruiser

Somebody makes a sliding tour-pak bracket, not sure who, sorry, but it's pretty cool, it slides up for solo riding and slide back for 2 up riding.

Old 03-04-2013 | 02:43 PM
Smokengun
Tourer

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul
Had the same issue as you. Ended up buying a $100 tour pak from Mutazu. Ordered accessory winged back rest, but sent it back as G/F prefered the stock included smaller backpad.

Installed the Harley 4 point mounting system, and Harley tour pak bracket.

Bolted on the cheapie Mutazu and was amazed at how well it worked.

It included all the goodies, such as back rest, cable stays, locks, hinges. Complete and ready to go for $100. I added a chrome top rack, and it has worked out just fine.

Looks well integrated for the Street Glide look, and holds both our helmets when we are not packed for a long ride.

My intent was to see if the tour pak was really for me. It spends most of it's time hanging on the wall for when I ride solo, but clips on in only 1 minute when she wants to hop on.

No need for a standard sissy bar back rest, as this does double duty as well.

The Harley trunk is much better constructed, but I was willing to invest the $100 to see if I would really use it all that much.

For me, I now enjoy the convertibility and styling. I did not go with a bunch of lights, dual antenna whips. (My stubby antenna works well enough for me), upgraded hinges, matching locks.

It does not compare to the Harley Brand. I totally understand why most people would want to step up to a unit that matches the quality of the rest of the bike, but for many, this would get the job done, and make for very happy passengers.
Agree with everything he said here in my opinion. Not to say if I didn't have the money for a complete HD set up. I would. But for now I actually have a cheapy trunk showing up tomorrow. I did get the Harley docking points and bracket. I am willing to gamble with $100 to see if it's worth it as well. And if it is, later on down the road upgrade to an HD trunk. If it's not, I'm only out the hundred beans. As of right now for me, who knows till I put it all on?

Old 03-04-2013 | 03:06 PM
scooter_trash_1
Road Captain
Default Tourpak

I just dont know if I like the look of a tourpak on a SG....Mines usually on the rack in the garage..Unless Momma is goin, then its gotta be on there! Heh heh Scooter

Old 03-04-2013 | 10:27 PM
Cep10SG
Tourer

My Chopped pack was already on my bike I bought it, the dealer put it on to sell the bike, it was the last '10 on the floor. I'm so used to having it on and using it that the only time i take it off is when i wash the bike. i did add wrap around LED lights for visability.

Old 03-05-2013 | 04:10 AM
EZSkankin29
Road Captain

The wife keeps pushing for one. Eventually I will do it but its low on my list with how expensive it is.

Old 03-05-2013 | 04:20 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master

Go with the real HD goods and you won't be disappointed, and won't run into other issues with aftermarket. I did the full boat - quick removable king tour pak, wraparound arm rests, led airwing lights, boom audio. It was a chunk of change for sure, but well worth it in the end. I don't regret the money spent at all.

Old 03-05-2013 | 04:29 AM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member

I added the HD King Tour Pack minus all the armrests and such. It's used on a detachable mount and only to hold all the crap and backstop a travel bag on trips. The quality is there as is the big HD price penalty but, it all works, it's well made, worth it to me.

Old 03-05-2013 | 05:03 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Deleted

Last edited by Harleypingman; 03-05-2013 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-05-2013 | 09:33 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by EZSkankin29
The wife keeps pushing for one. Eventually I will do it but its low on my list with how expensive it is.
What does a Divorce cost in your area?? LOL

Old 03-05-2013 | 01:57 PM
okiesteve
Cruiser

I've got the HD King Tour Pac on order should be here next week. I already had the four point docking hardware installed so the tour pac cost me $1175.00.

Quick Reply: Tour Pak