Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21" Rims/Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013 | 02:07 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

There might be a few baggers with 21"'s here.
http://www.hogpro.com/showpage.php?page=gallery2.htm

Old 03-04-2013 | 02:10 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member

Anybody who wants to get rid of thier front 18" SG rim cheap let me know!!!

Old 03-04-2013 | 02:14 PM
FXDFan
Tourer

To those that have done it, what size rubber ddi you end up going with, and
I'm assuming it all tucked up into the stock fender ?? I see some that have swapped fenders at the same time, just wondering if I can do a swap in stages to minimize cost all at once...

Old 03-04-2013 | 02:17 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXDFan
I'm assuming it all tucked up into the stock fender ?? I see some that have swapped fenders at the same time, just wondering if I can do a swap in stages to minimize cost all at once...
Avon 120/70 under oem front fender. You just need to drill rear holes to rotate the fender, it will give more clearance and allow it to be straight

Old 03-04-2013 | 02:30 PM
Ape Hangers
Cruiser

You'll love the 21"

Old 03-04-2013 | 03:00 PM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FXDFan
Most run a 120/70-21, it will fit under the stock fender. Just as pit mentioned you will probably need to drill out the rear fender holes to 3/8" to tilt it and get a little clearance (not a tough job at all). Go for it, from what I've read/seen you'll love it. I wish I had more first hand experience but I haven't decided whether to do my 107" kit or rims first.

Also, there's some pretty good responses form first hand here so far so listen to that, then ignore the inevitable nay-sayers and haters that will show up once they see this thread...

Old 03-04-2013 | 03:16 PM
Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Road Captain

For the love of all that's holy, for god's sake, don't do it!!! It looks completely stupid, your bike's gonna handle like utter crap, your gas mileage will be cut in half... HALF! Your pipes are gonna sound stupid if you put a 21 on there, your saddle bags will have less capacity, women will no longer find you attractive, and your girlfreind will go lesbian... and not with one of them hot lesbians either, she'll end up with a shaves-her-head-but-not-her-legs-or-pits lesbian named Terri that'll be capable of kicking your ***. Oh, and your headlight will be out of alignment. I mean, ya know, probably. That's just what i heard.

Old 03-04-2013 | 03:35 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

As far as tire size the other option is a 130/60/21 which is a Dunlop only available through Harley. The Metzeler is also a 120/70/21.* The Dunlop is pretty much exactly the same height as the Metzeler.

Old 03-04-2013 | 03:36 PM
blazink5
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
For the love of all that's holy, for god's sake, don't do it!!! It looks completely stupid, your bike's gonna handle like utter crap, your gas mileage will be cut in half... HALF! Your pipes are gonna sound stupid if you put a 21 on there, your saddle bags will have less capacity, women will no longer find you attractive, and your girlfreind will go lesbian... and not with one of them hot lesbians either, she'll end up with a shaves-her-head-but-not-her-legs-or-pits lesbian named Terri that'll be capable of kicking your ***. Oh, and your headlight will be out of alignment. I mean, ya know, probably. That's just what i heard.

Old 03-04-2013 | 04:38 PM
Proaction14
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hotrodz_n_Harleyz

LOL!! Yeah, what Hotrodz said ...

Quick Reply: 21" Rims/Streetglide