Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waldorf MD - Dynotune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:03 AM
metal_mike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Waldorf MD - Dynotune?

ORIGINAL: lickmstickmman

I would also recommend APC in Glen Burnie, but I thought Gil was mobile only. I didnt know he had a dyno at his shop too. He did my last dyno, and though he couldnt help me get the fuel dip/spike out of my bike, he was great help in getting what I needed... I got rid of the E carb and went back to the CV!

My dyno from Ocean City bike week Gil @ APC did is in my picture gallery.

He is highly recommended

Benji
same dyno...parks the trailer out back

Old 02-13-2007, 08:09 AM
maximus
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ritorres

Croftondamico, Lickmstickmman, Maximus, and Metal Mike

Maximus, why did you chose Fredrick HD in lieu of Eastern? I agree, a good dyno tune is worth the travel.

Rico
Frederick has a great dyno set up/reputation and will take the time to get it right. They spent 4 hours fine tuning the WOT runs and partial throttle runs for best rideability. The cost was something like $285 if I recall correctly. Results were better than expected. I was treated very well there and recommend them highly. My second choice would have been Gil. nuf said...

Old 02-13-2007, 03:58 PM
ritorres
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: maximus

Frederick has a great dyno set up/reputation and will take the time to get it right. They spent 4 hours fine tuning the WOT runs and partial throttle runs for best rideability. The cost was something like $285 if I recall correctly. Results were better than expected. I was treated very well there and recommend them highly. My second choice would have been Gil. nuf said...

Maximus - Thanks for the background and cost info.
Benji(Lickmstickmman) - Thanks for the information on APC/Gil

Rico

Old 02-13-2007, 09:43 PM
GOSTAZ
Road Master

Sorry to hijack a thread, but I am a little desperate... No one I have talked to, Eastern or Fort Washington, is able to dynobikes with SERTs. I wish I had never bought the thing. Can I just quit using it and go with a PCIII? Bike still running lean, and another dealer service center swears that 'the bike is running fine". Ideas? Dump the SERT? Keep the SERT? Who can dyno it... Bike has True Duals, an SE air cleaner, 25 degree injectors and still idles lean. Also zero oil pressure (according to dash gauge) at warm idle. Bike goes into heat management after 10 minutes of traffic, dies completely after 20, at temps as low as 65. As always, thanks for your help! Anyone have a SG with a SERT in MD? If so, where did you get it tuned?

Old 02-20-2007, 11:38 PM
will2062
Advanced

If you are still looking for a good place to dnyo your bike, the best placeis in cockysville, Md. They do all custom maps. They are a speed shop and the owner is an x-racer. He knows what he is doing!! I have not heard anything positiveabout eastern or frederick. One of my friends went toeastern and they put in the wrong year map and passed it off as a custom map for his dyna.On top of it all they scratched his fender strapping it down on the dyno!! If you want more info let me know.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:28 AM
maximus
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: will2062

I have not heard anything positiveabout eastern or frederick. One of my friends went toeastern and they put in the wrong year map and passed it off as a custom map for his dyna.On top of it all they scratched his fender strapping it down on the dyno!! If you want more info let me know.
You heard something positive about Frederick from me! Talk to Robert there.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:39 AM
will2062
Advanced

If you like frederick I think thats great. I have been there several times and not very pleased with the customer service. I talked to a tech about the dyno, he did not seem to know very much about it. He said he was one of the ones thatactually does the dyno testing.The service department stated that they do 6-7 runs on the dyno. Costs approx 250.00 to 300.00 dollars. Not sure if they do custom maps.Custom mapping when done properly will take alot more than 6-7 runs.TSR Performance does as many runs as needed to get it right!! Each block in the air fuel map iscalibrated for each cylinder seperatlyin incriments asthey increase RPM's and increase load on the engine. You can watch them as they do it.Plus the costfor my bike was under 200 dollars.Not bad mouthing Frederick buttheir dnyo was explained to me as they insert a preprogramed map set for your bike and options and run it on dyno to see where you HP and Torque Fall.I don't think they actually change the mapping and customize the program. I could be wrong but they did not come across as creating custom maps for your particular combination of options. True Custom mapping creates the map based on Performance while running it onthe dyno at varios speeds, RPM's and loads.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:30 PM
maximus
Cruiser

You are correct about custom mapping and that's exactly what they did for me (PCIIIusb). They actually wore out the last bit of tread on my rear tire from all the runs, WOT and partial. The bike purrs like a kitten and hauls ***. Robert worked with one of the techs, they must of worked on the bike for three hours or more and many more than 7 runs.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:50 PM
ritorres
Intermediate

Will2062 and Maximus

Thanks for the information. I still have some time to gather more information. It looks like APC (Gil) and Frederick (Robert) are the best candidates. I'll do some research on TSR Performance.

Rico