Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pros or Cons on the Harbor Freight Lift Table?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:41 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

works well for me..

Old 03-03-2013, 01:44 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I've had mine for 4 or 5 years and it has served me well.

The front wheel/tire clamp isn't the best, but it works. I always use shop towels between the clamp and the sides of the tires.

I like the "insurance" of using tie-downs and the lift platform needs more attachment points for these.

The platform is narrow. The professional lifts that I've used were wide enough that I could ride-up onto the platform, put my feet down on the platform,dismount, then deploy a side or center stand. The only way that I could do this with the Harbor Freight lift would be if my legs were 6-8" longer, so that I could reach the floor, so I have to push my bike up onto the lift and deploy my E-Z lift center stand.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Mr E
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had no trouble with mine. I also. Switched out the chock.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 PM
jbkrab
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kept looking at them at the HF local store. For $200 I ended up getting a J&S Jack off of my local CraigsList. I may get a lift one day for that extra height, but I just don't have the room right now to store it.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:56 PM
RK Fan
Advanced

Check out my post on the red HF jack.... Gets you up 30 inches..... That and a roll around seat and you're set for working on rims....

Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 PM
littled62
Tourer

had mine for about 6 years but like everone said I changed the wheel chock almost right away, I also put spray on bed liner on it, it was slipery do drive on with wet tires, the bed liner took care of that

Old 03-03-2013, 04:21 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,872 Likes on 9,333 Posts

I bought the HF table a few years ago. It serves me well. I replaced the wheel clamp with the HF motorcycle wheel chock. I also bought a Drag specialites Flat Jack to lift the bike while on the table for front or rear wheel removal. Once it's up on the flat jack I can remove the upright components of the front wheel chock to remove the wheel.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...nter-Jack.aspx

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-97841.html

The one thing I would like is for the table to be a bit easier to move around when the bike is on it.
As far as the earlier post saying it was all junk, I'm not sure what else would be needed with this table. It's a basic table with a foot pump to raise the table. If ya want an air system, ya need to pay more for it. If ya need something more high end, then put out more money.

Last edited by EasternSP; 03-03-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:27 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
HF is code for cheap discount over stock stuff.
Most of what hey sell in JUNK.
And chances are the long you have it the more you will agree.
Well you seem to be well in the minority on this one

Do you have one or have you ever had it?

Cause I've read no less than 4 threads with hundreds of posts and almost every single person with one enjoys it and sees the value at 300

Old 03-03-2013, 06:10 PM
loanrider
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine because of the posts on this forum inperticuler. I think it is for the money the best one to get. I to changed the wheel chock,but for a total of 405.00 with a 2 year warranty couldn't pass it up.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
littled62
Tourer

is the HF lift junk? maybe but for what I paid for it and as long as I have had it I have not had one time where it has not worked. yes I could have spent 4X as much for other lifts then I could have kept it waxed and buffed to show all my buddys my BMW of lifts but then I would have been scared to change oil or bleed the brakes cause I might hurt the paint job. the way I see it is even if it does brake in a few years (that would be about 10 years I've had it) I can buy 2 more and still come out ahead, and if you do the math that would put me in my 70's so at that point I don't think it would matter that much anymore. Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Pros or Cons on the Harbor Freight Lift Table?