Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thundermax or any other tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 PM
cycler
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default thundermax or any other tuner

Im going to be in Daytona for bike week and am deciding whether to swap out my propipe for a D&D Fatcat or 2-1 or Rinehart 2-1 exhaust. However I will need a tune once I change the exhause and will will be putting in woods TW888 cams in this thursday. So my question is and some can correct me if Im wrong. If I get the thundermax I will not have to dyno tune my bike? And what other recomendations are there. Right now I have a SERT

Old 02-27-2013, 12:57 AM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I personally would suggest a power vision! Easy to you no need to replace your ECM. Doesn't have to stay on the bike since it flashes the stock ECM. It has auto tune built in. And if you mount it like I did it gives you a wealth of info about your bike. Pus you can use it on more than one bike by getting add'l licenses.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

power vision is a good product, but I went with the t-max and it is very good constantly adjusts to riding conditions and you can still down load to it if you want.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Zippers will be at Rossmeyers with the ThunderMax. It's a great tuner if you get it with Auto Tune. No more need for dyno's, & they'll install it for you right there.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 AM
cycler
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmy B
power vision is a good product, but I went with the t-max and it is very good constantly adjusts to riding conditions and you can still down load to it if you want.
Ok here is a question. How do I know what I want to download into this unit. This is where I am totally confused. And I got my bike dynoed last year using the SERT. My numbers were 116hp and 112 ft lb tourque. Im changing my cams thursday and my exhaust in daytona. How do I know what numbers I will be running or will even come close to those numbers without someone tuning my bike.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cycler
Ok here is a question. How do I know what I want to download into this unit. This is where I am totally confused. And I got my bike dynoed last year using the SERT. My numbers were 116hp and 112 ft lb tourque. Im changing my cams thursday and my exhaust in daytona. How do I know what numbers I will be running or will even come close to those numbers without someone tuning my bike.
You won't. If you're just looking for numbers stick with the SERT & have the bike dyno tuned after the cam & pipes are installed. That will give you "the numbers". PV & ThunderMax (both with Auto Tune) will make the bike run correctly, but the numbers are only available on the dyno. If you don't mind paying for a dyno run every time you change something on the bike stick with the SERT, it's a good tuner. If you want the convenience & cost savings from having the bike tune it's self, move to an Auto Tuner.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:27 AM
mr396
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have experience with PC, SERT, and Thundermax. I would say by far I like the Thundermax. It has done more for the bike than the PC or SERT ever did for me. I also like that it is a replacement module vs a piggy back unit, uses wide band O2 sensors instead of the stock narrow band (narrow band you can't lower the AFR like you really need to). I would highly suggest you talk to the people at Thundermax at Daytona.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:36 AM
EasternPC_Forum
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thundermax

The thundermax would be my first choice. They dyno is very hard on a motorcycle. I mean they really crank on it. They thundermax is similar to riding around with a dyno on your bike. If you travel through different regions it will automatically adjust for you. Being a self learning unit, it will save you a ton of money. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinks
Zippers will be at Rossmeyers with the ThunderMax. It's a great tuner if you get it with Auto Tune. No more need for dyno's, & they'll install it for you right there.
Thought I read somewhere that Zippers was done with the Thundermax product?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:50 AM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats right, not tune needed....ever, once the bike starts, BUT, you have to make sure you buy thundermax with autotune....the autotune version has a module for on the fly tuning.

Quick Reply: thundermax or any other tuner