Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thundermax or any other tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 AM
cycler
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I spoke with Zippers this morning. They are still selling the thundemax. I will probably have them install either a Fatcat 2-1 or get a Rinehart 2-1 if they dont carry them in Daytona. So now I have 2 dilemas. Thundermax or get a dyno tune and what exhaust to get LOL. If I decide on the Thundermax can I stil get it dynoed once just to see what numbers Im pushing?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:13 AM
mr396
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sure you can get it dyno'd with the ThunderMax. Getting it dyno'd will also help auto-tune you map while it is being dyno'd

Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 AM
cycler
Road Master

What about diagnostics with the new Thundermax moduale. Is there a way to Diagnose a thundermax at a Dealership, to see if any of the vehicles operations are not functioning?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

dealer is going to want the stock ecm on the bike...

this is just 1 of many posts out there..

Old 02-27-2013, 09:42 AM
cycler
Road Master

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ

That is what I was thinking. What if there is no ECM can the dealer still locate the issues or will it just be harder for them. Like it was old school style where a mechanic had to actually go through the entire bike LOL

Old 02-27-2013, 09:52 AM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another reason to go with the power vision. You can reload the stock tune and take the unit off

Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM
cycler
Road Master

Originally Posted by BrownSanta
Another reason to go with the power vision. You can reload the stock tune and take the unit off

Does the power vision self tune like the Tmax for every change you make or does it work different

Old 02-27-2013, 10:00 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by cycler
That is what I was thinking. What if there is no ECM can the dealer still locate the issues or will it just be harder for them. Like it was old school style where a mechanic had to actually go through the entire bike LOL
ECM, whether it be T-Max or stock is the heart and soul of the entire system. Without it, no diagnotics can be run on anything including simple things like turn signals . HD doesn't train their parts changers, sorry I meant mechanics in old school fashion any more. Too many complicated pieces to this $20k + puzzle now-a-days. I can count on no fingers the number of HD mechanics I personally know (for those I don't know my sincere apologies if offended) that would be able to troubleshoot old school style an electrical problem with these bikes. They all require the assistance of "the tool"

Old 02-27-2013, 10:06 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by cycler
Does the power vision self tune like the Tmax for every change you make or does it work different
same principle, just a few more steps. Now does it autotune (even with the couple of extra steps) as good as T-max, absolutely so. But then so does SEPST and TTS and all can be done properly in capable hands.

PV has an auto tune module as well that requires the use of the wideband o2 sensors for tuning. I chose not to drill holes for bungs in my $1200 exhaust so I autotune in closed loop with narrow band sensors but I also know that I can achieve a better tune with the combined open loop/wideband and closed loop/narrwoband tuning method. Maybe someday I'll get the gumption up to venture off into that world but for now, I'm content.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 02-27-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 AM
cycler
Road Master

ECM, whether it be T-Max or stock is the heart and soul of the entire system. Without it, no diagnotics can be run on anything including simple things like turn signals . HD doesn't train their parts changers, sorry I meant mechanics in old school fashion any more. Too many complicated pieces to this $20k + puzzle now-a-days. I can count on no fingers the number of HD mechanics I personally know (for those I don't know my sincere apologies if offended) that would be able to troubleshoot old school style an electrical problem with these bikes. They all require the assistance of "the tool"
So basically whoever uses the Tmax will not be able to get a diagnostic on their bikes for something as simple as turn signals? The ECM can make all diagnostics while the Tmax cant?

Quick Reply: thundermax or any other tuner