Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:53 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by ericl
Thanks, little harder to blend in now in the bar parking lot
hell, i wouldn't want to blend in with that thing. :-)

Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 AM
outlaw bagger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the most important thing I can say is,make sure that whatever head unit you go with has 4 volt pre outs!!!!!! when I did my bike I bought an alpine kinda base model as I have always preferred alpine over the others, my buddy did his at the same time and bought a sony ,,, I kinda chuckled to myself thinking I was going to have a better system,,,,his was a 4 volt pre out and mine was the standard 2 volt ,, all I can say is I now have a sony 4 volt deck in my bike ,,, and there is no comparison to the sound quality between the alpine I bought originally and the sony I have now ,,,,,

Old 02-27-2013, 11:42 AM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw bagger
the most important thing I can say is,make sure that whatever head unit you go with has 4 volt pre outs!!!!!! when I did my bike I bought an alpine kinda base model as I have always preferred alpine over the others, my buddy did his at the same time and bought a sony ,,, I kinda chuckled to myself thinking I was going to have a better system,,,,his was a 4 volt pre out and mine was the standard 2 volt ,, all I can say is I now have a sony 4 volt deck in my bike ,,, and there is no comparison to the sound quality between the alpine I bought originally and the sony I have now ,,,,,
Another option you have is to install a line driver to boost the voltage, to ARC, ALD will increase up to 10 volts, however the higher end amps have no issues with the lower voltage outputs.