Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

post your worst speaker upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:47 PM
CGP93
Tourer
Location: Orig Surfers Paradise Australia, then Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, Toronto, now So Cal
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

CRITICAL - Add a good quality AMP to the Rokker XTC's and you wont be disappointed, it really wakes em up. Without an amp you wont get any real results no matter what speakers you add..

Old 02-26-2013, 05:17 AM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this just goes to show you that not everyone has the same experience. My J&M rig works just great and I've never known them to fail to respond to the customer. That said, I've only had J&M in two different bikes so by all means go listen to the guys in the parking lot.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 AM
z71_fourwheelin
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the hogtune speakers and they were trash compared to this set of Polk Audio MM651's which rock and can actually here a lil low end

Old 02-26-2013, 06:02 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought J&M were way to pricy and the reviews were poor, so I went with HOG TUNES, 3 way for the free way. I was not overly impressed, but for the money it is way better than stock, had amny issues with the amp connectors. THeir customer service was very good, but overall it did not melt my face. SO I went with RF smushed 10 speakers and two amps onto the limited and my face melts. Although pricy, I am very happy with it.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somehow I knew, even before opening the thread, that J&M would be leading the pack in this survey.

Shakey

Old 02-26-2013, 06:58 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by ericl
I have an aftermarket fairing on my Road King, hertz 6x9's in the front, Polk dB 691 in the bag lids. The Polk's are horrible.
Really? that's surprising to me. What amp are you driving them with ericl?

Old 02-26-2013, 07:00 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by CGP93
CRITICAL - Add a good quality AMP to the Rokker XTC's and you wont be disappointed, it really wakes em up. Without an amp you wont get any real results no matter what speakers you add..

Any speaker will sound better with 25 watts of amplified power vs 25 watts of radio power. There is no comparison, period!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:02 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by scape41
I just ordered a set of the JM XTC 7.25 speakers.....a little worried now!!
Do as CGP93 suggests and put an amp on them.. They will pleasantly surprise you.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Boom Audio really? was up finishing my stero up grades and frieds bike is right next to my bike in his shop.....I turned on my sony stero wth RF amp and t165 speakers....no compaison the boom with no amp and stock hd head sounded like the 2 small speakers on my phone....the rf set up was clear crisp and LOUD as hell.....

Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
Boom Audio really? was up finishing my stero up grades and frieds bike is right next to my bike in his shop.....I turned on my sony stero wth RF amp and t165 speakers....no compaison the boom with no amp and stock hd head sounded like the 2 small speakers on my phone....the rf set up was clear crisp and LOUD as hell.....
I agree with this one. Boom is the worst "downgrade" I ever made. Total waste of $ and time. No amp is going to make those speakers sound any better.

Quick Reply: post your worst speaker upgrade