Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

satellite radio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
Default satellite radio?

If you have a receiver thats not built in, what model/make do you have and how did you mount it? Pics would be great..
3000 mile road trip coming up and I'm getting tired of the same 600 songs on my MP3 player.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:36 PM
stevevfd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05 Ultra
If you have a receiver thats not built in, what model/make do you have and how did you mount it? Pics would be great..
3000 mile road trip coming up and I'm getting tired of the same 600 songs on my MP3 player.
I just use my cell phone. I mount it on the bars with a ram mount, play internet radio through the aux port and ride. I guess you can do that with satellite radio but you have to pay a fee. I think they stream satellite radio in an app also. So if you have a smartphone, you have all the music you would ever need.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:40 PM
tacoma5432
Tourer

Originally Posted by stevevfd
I just use my cell phone. I mount it on the bars with a ram mount, play internet radio through the aux port and ride. I guess you can do that with satellite radio but you have to pay a fee. I think they stream satellite radio in an app also. So if you have a smartphone, you have all the music you would ever need.
Problem with the phone use on a long ride is that it kills the battery fast. I used to use the phone with Pandora now im getting ready to try and mount my sirius to the bike. Looking at different options on a mount.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:45 PM
stevevfd
Tourer

Originally Posted by tacoma5432
Problem with the phone use on a long ride is that it kills the battery fast. I used to use the phone with Pandora now im getting ready to try and mount my sirius to the bike. Looking at different options on a mount.
I have a small usb cigarette lighter adapter and a short phone cable. My phone stays charged and i have hours of music.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:46 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master

I used my cell lastyear. Not a good option when your going in and out of cell tower reception. We don't take superslabs.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use the SIRIUS Starmate with the Docking Station mounted on the right handlebar.

I like the docking station because I have stations on my Harley, in my car, garage, and house.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I have a Panasonic portable satelite receiver that I am planning on mounting to my bike as well for my trip out west. The antenna works well even inside my cage. So all I need to do is figure if USB will wer the rado as well. Will post pics when I get it all figured out

Old 02-19-2013, 07:54 PM
stevevfd
Tourer

Originally Posted by 05 Ultra
I used my cell lastyear. Not a good option when your going in and out of cell tower reception. We don't take superslabs.
I guess that's true. Around the DC area, it's hard to find anywhere without cell reception so I rarely have that issue.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master

You'd be amazed how many miles you can go and not see a house in this country. Get off the beaten path. Explore more.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:26 PM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Using the Sirius Stratus 6, mounted on right handlebar off the two screws holding the brake assy together. Made my own bracket from some alum plate, antenna mounted on top of radio under fairing, wired cig lighter behind fairing as well so all wires run down bars and inside fairing. Using AUX radio input. Can get you pics to your email. PM me and I'll send them to your email.

Quick Reply: satellite radio?