Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim paint

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013 | 04:35 PM
KGlideVivid
Road Captain

I predict you are going to be one happy camper whichever you choose. Good luck with the new ride when you get it.

Old 02-19-2013 | 04:59 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

I liked it so much I got two Denim bikes. I think it's pretty easy to keep clean.

Old 02-19-2013 | 05:16 PM
okiesteve
Cruiser

I have a black denim SG and it is VERY easy to clean and maintain. I've had it a year and a half, 18,000 miles and no scratches!!!

Old 02-19-2013 | 05:48 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by BadX
Love my black denim. Easy to clean and have never scratched it. The Vivid black for me was a nightmare. Hell you could look at it wrong and it would scratch it, never again.
+1 I love black, but my gloss black drove me crazy with the swirls and other scratches. I have 25K miles on my denim black X and love it. I use stoners window cleaner and the hd denim cleaner.

Old 02-19-2013 | 06:39 PM
NPW
Banned

Nothin easier than Black Denim...nothin.

Old 02-19-2013 | 06:50 PM
Charlie K
Cruiser

After many years of gloss black or silver, I bought my Streetglide with the white hot denim paint. It is very easy to maintain and does not seem to scratch or scuff any easier than regular paint.

Old 02-19-2013 | 07:40 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior

Another fan of denim paint here. If I can help it, I'll never own another bike with gloss paint. My bike is pewter denim and it doesn't show much dust or dirt. When I'm ready to clean it I break out the Windex and a microfiber towel. Have a scratch here or there, which is true for every bike I've had regardless of paint.

Old 02-20-2013 | 07:18 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch
some of y'all make it sound like the denim paint is as delicate as fine china. i've had mine for over 3 years, and it's still in great shape. sure, i've got a few little scratches from road debris, buy you'll get that on any bike. other than that, no issues.

my owner's manual recommends windex with ammonia to clean it. not sure why everyone always says non-ammonia? it does say non-ammonia on the windshield.

i like it, it is so much easier to take care of than regular paint.
Exactly why I always say Windex w/out ammonia. With all the various windshields we use (KW, LRS, Cee Bailey, etc, etc), regular Windex is generally safe on all of them. Heck, I'm a cheapskate and use Walmart Great Value no ammonia formula

Old 02-20-2013 | 08:16 AM
rnl_1200C
|
Road Master

thanks for the feedback everyone.

I'm going back and forth between the vivid and denim. I actually got a dealer to offer the denim SG at no additional cost over the vivid black.

I am stoked to start shopping next month - waiting for tax refund !!

Old 02-20-2013 | 08:31 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

[quote=rnl_1200C;10936888]thanks for the feedback everyone.

I'm going back and forth between the vivid and denim.

I did the same thing and settled on denim black I like it, I have been real happy with the paint color and cleaning. The only time I say if only I went with Vivid black is when looking for parts. There seems to be more adds in the FS section on vivid black than denim.

Quick Reply: Black Denim paint