Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Move a security system

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:02 PM
tacarpe
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Move a security system

I purchased a 2006 FLHTCUI with no security system. I have a 2005 FLHRCI that has a security system. I asked the local dealer if I could move it between them and they said it was compatible, I pulled the TSM from the 06 and put the TSSM from the 05 in it. Both would start, but would imediately die and smoked. I swapped them back and they both run. Am I missing something?

Last edited by tacarpe; 02-17-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 PM
pacemakertom
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

I have a police EG that does not have security. My local service mgr told me that they have to flash the computer after I install the HD security. Sound like he might be right.
Tom

Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 AM
rustybearing
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know if this will work but it's worth a try.
Tssm Marriage
1 Set Run switch to Run

2 Turn Ignition key On-Off-On-Off-On-Off-On and then toggle
the Left Turn Signal switch twice.

3 Turn Ignition key Off-On Verify the Check Engine lamp and Security Lamp illuminate
briefly and then turn off Security lamp will not illuminate on non-security
(TSM) Twin Cam models.

4 Attempt normal start one time. Engine starts and stalls immediately. check engine
lamp stays on. Password has not been learned and sets trouble code P1009, thus stopping fuel
flow.

5 Wait 10 seconds Security Lamp remains lit for V-Rod and TC88 with TSSM. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models. ECM enters Password Learning mode for 10 minutes.
Do Not cycle the ignition or disrupt power.

6 Wait until Security Lamp turns off or a minimum of 10 minutes has passed.

7 Quickly (within 2 seconds) turn Ignition key OFF-ON Security Lamp remains lit for V-Rod and TC88 with TSSM. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models.

8 Wait until Security Lamp turns off or a minimum of 10 minutes has passed. Password Learning mode for 10 minutes. Do Not cycle the
ignition or disrupt power.

9 Quickly (within 2 seconds) turn Ignition key OFF-ON Security Lamp remains lit for V-Rod and TC88 with TSSM. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models.

10 Wait until Security Lamp turns off or a minimum of 10 minutes has passed. Password Learning mode for 10 minutes. Do Not cycle the ignition or disrupt power.

11 Quickly (within 2 seconds) turn Ignition key OFF-ON Security Lamp light and then turn off. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models.

12 Turn Ignition switch OFF. Wait 15 seconds. Turn Ignition switch ON and start engine to confirm the Password Learn Procedure is successful. Engine will start and remain running
If engine immediately stalls and fails to restart the Password Learning mode was not successful. Start over at step 1.