Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reda gas can order and poor service

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:45 PM
osudvm
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reda gas can order and poor service

Maybe I am just unlucky but thought I would provide my experience with Reda company. I ordered a gas can on Feb 3rd, my credit card was charged immediately and since I still had heard nothing from the company by Feb 11th, I emailed them. I was told they were behind on orders and my order would be shipped that day yet my credit card had been charged all this time. I am used to my card being charged on the date products are shipped. I also asked for a tracking number which I was told would be emailed to me and got no response. So to say the least, I would be careful ordering from this company. I understand issues do arise at times but the company should keep its customer informed and not charge their card until shipment is made. This is my first time dealing with this company and I am not impressed at all. I wish I could order everything from RevZilla because they are the absolute best in my experience.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior
Received 601 Likes on 157 Posts

It's illegal to charge a credit card until an order is shipping except in cases of "special ordered" or "custom made" items. I would nicely remind them of this and ask for a discount. Otherwise, just call your card company, get your money back, and buy one on Ebay or Amazon.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=reda+gas+can
http://www.amazon.com/Reda-Portable-.../dp/B003WHBVDI

Last edited by Northwoodz; 02-16-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 PM
osudvm
Tourer

Originally Posted by Northwoodz
It's illegal to charge a credit card until an order is shipping except in cases of "special ordered" or "custom made" items. I would nicely remind them of this and ask for a discount. Otherwise, just call your card company, get your money back, and buy one on Ebay or Amazon.
I agree with you 100%. I was trying to provide them some good business and then advice about how to treat customers. I will also tell you that Roadrunner magazine did the exact same thing. Except they charged my credit card 10 weeks before I ever got the first issue. They are a bad company too in my eyes.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The cans on eBay are over priced. The local Harley dealer has the RedaCan in stock at $29.95.
Check around to find a local purchase point.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 AM
vonivo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's illegal to charge a credit card until an order is shipping except in cases of "special ordered" or "custom made" items.

Not trying to be a di@k, just a honest question... Where did you hear this and do you have a reference for me? I make a ton of purchases online and worked a long time ago for a wholesale drop-ship company and this has never been the case.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior
Received 601 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by vonivo
Not trying to be a di@k, just a honest question... Where did you hear this and do you have a reference for me? I make a ton of purchases online and worked a long time ago for a wholesale drop-ship company and this has never been the case.
I can probably dig them out, but linking user agreements would fill entire pages. I closed my business in 2009, maybe things have changed, but for 15 years prior, any credit card processing service, legally required you to abide by thier rules. Those rules included this very situation. A vendor is allowed to do a "pre-authorization" on a customers card (to be sure the card is valid), but not charge the FULL AMOUNT until the product is in hand and ready to ship. Most credit card purchases are reconciled within 24 hours, and the cash deposited into the vendors business account the same day (or within 3 at most). I'm sure a few current dealers could chime in on this.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:00 AM
LoneWolf01
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not trying to Hijack the thread here but glad I saw this. Customer service says a lot about a company to me. Not so sure I want this product now. So now my question is : how is the quality of the can itself? Does it perform as described? No fumes ? Interested in using it in combo with the liner but I don't want my stuff in the liner to smell like gas.. Thx.

LW

Old 02-17-2013, 10:19 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,263 Likes on 22,615 Posts

I would just ask for a refund, plain and simple.
Wouldn't settle for anything less and I would report them to Credit card company.

Just stop a little more often and fill up after an hour and a half of ridin' or so.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:50 AM
05RKCRider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reda gas can

Originally Posted by LoneWolf01
Not trying to Hijack the thread here but glad I saw this. Customer service says a lot about a company to me. Not so sure I want this product now. So now my question is : how is the quality of the can itself? Does it perform as described? No fumes ? Interested in using it in combo with the liner but I don't want my stuff in the liner to smell like gas.. Thx.

LW
I also waited for a few weeks to get the can from Reda gas but when the can got here it is quality stuff, no leaks or smell. But, it only holds about 3/4's of a gal. of gas as the filler neck etc. sits inside the can. I was expecting it to hold a gal. of gas, not. Also I have to carry it in the center of my RKC saddlebag as the can top hits the top of saddlebag when placed at the rear of bag where can & bag angles match.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 AM
osudvm
Tourer

Originally Posted by 05RKCRider
I also waited for a few weeks to get the can from Reda gas but when the can got here it is quality stuff, no leaks or smell. But, it only holds about 3/4's of a gal. of gas as the filler neck etc. sits inside the can. I was expecting it to hold a gal. of gas, not. Also I have to carry it in the center of my RKC saddlebag as the can top hits the top of saddlebag when placed at the rear of bag where can & bag angles match.
Well that is disappointing. I was expecting a full gallon too. Well I hope mine fits in the rear of my Ultra's saddlebag. That is another reason I got it since it was supposed to take up a very small space. I guess 3/4 gallon will be better than nothing if one finds themselves in a pinch. I have always been one to fill up when I am at 1/4 to 1/2 tank full but wanted that added piece of mind if I couldn't find a station with non-ethanol gas. I give a report in a few weeks.

Quick Reply: Reda gas can order and poor service