Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reda gas can order and poor service

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by vonivo
Not trying to be a di@k, just a honest question... Where did you hear this and do you have a reference for me? I make a ton of purchases online and worked a long time ago for a wholesale drop-ship company and this has never been the case.
Probably saw it on the internet. You know they can't put anything on the internet unless it is true. Could have been from a French model too, I suppose. OK, I got nothin.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:52 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it illegal then just about every company I order from is breaking the law.
Seems to me like this gas bottle is much more hassle than its worth. I guess I dont get it

Old 02-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

osudvm, I recently read on these pages where the owner of the Co. had deaths and personal issues in the family associated with. He is supposedly getting orders out, just a bit behind. It is in a related thread if you search for it.
On another note, I also read on these pages a complaint about the spout breaking if you are not very careful with it. The owner will send a new one, just no telling when. The spouts are not of his design, and shopped them out from a popular manufacturer. Many here do well with them.
I do hear/read that the density of the plastic on the can is good, and they do not leak or let fuel odors out. If you don't get satisfaction soon, cancel with your card holder and buy one locally, as lots of dealers and bike shops are starting to stock them. Surely you can find one in or around Tulsa or Oak City. I see your perched about the same distance from either.
I try to buy any and everything I can locally so I can have local dealer representation. Lots of stuff I could have saved a couple of bucks for on line, and I order knowing it will take longer to get from a local., but their you have it my $0.02

aka Bob

ps. case in point; I took a pair of ten year old boots back to an outdoor store of whom I have been shopping with since the early Seventies. They shipped them to the local dealer rep, and after checking them out, he sent me a new pair of Osolo Yukons. Now thats real customer service! M'Kay! (-:

Old 02-17-2013, 02:42 PM
buggin02
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

A buddy of mine bought one. When I asked him about it he said "Don't waste your money." I trust his opinion. He doesn't like the fact that it spills gas all over the tank when you are trying to pour it in. (Poor spout design?)

Old 02-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by buggin02
A buddy of mine bought one. When I asked him about it he said "Don't waste your money." I trust his opinion. He doesn't like the fact that it spills gas all over the tank when you are trying to pour it in. (Poor spout design?)
Good to know. Was going to get one, for the trip to sturgis, since i don't know whats along I 80 from chicago. Hate to run out of gas but will stop more often if towns get scarce..
I'm not to happy with any of my gas cans. The spouts all leak....no quality cans anymore that i can find.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RKCRider
I also waited for a few weeks to get the can from Reda gas but when the can got here it is quality stuff, no leaks or smell. But, it only holds about 3/4's of a gal. of gas as the filler neck etc. sits inside the can. I was expecting it to hold a gal. of gas, not. Also I have to carry it in the center of my RKC saddlebag as the can top hits the top of saddlebag when placed at the rear of bag where can & bag angles match.
I wondered about the amount the Reda held with the spout stored inside the tank. So I experimented and measured it.
I found that if you don't put the spout in the can you can get 0.993 gallons when filled to the neck.
But if you try to put the spout in the can, it will over flow.
So, through trial and error, I found that if I fill the tank to .900 gallon, the spout can be inserted and not spill.
And the label on the tank states that it holds "About" one Gallon.
Originally Posted by buggin02
I love my Reda-Can and have had it save me and a friend from being stuck out in the middle of nowhere.
I had the spout fail on my tank after two years of use. I contacted Reda-Can about it. They sent a replacement out at no-charge.
I then found that they are required by the EPA to sell the tank with the spout that closes when not filling.
There is several companies that sell a different spout that does not use the "Safety Closure" on the neck.
But Reda-Can can not sell it because of the EPA. So don't blame them.

Last edited by Ultra89Rider; 02-17-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 PM
osudvm
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider
I wondered about the amount the Reda held with the spout stored inside the tank. So I experimented and measured it.
I found that if you don't put the spout in the can you can get 0.993 gallons when filled to the neck.
But if you try to put the spout in the can, it will over flow.
So, through trial and error, I found that if I fill the tank to .900 gallon, the spout can be inserted and not spill.

I love my Reda-Can and have had it save me and a friend from being stuck out in the middle of nowhere.
I had the spout fail on my tank after two years of use. I contacted Reda-Can about it. They sent a replacement out at no-charge.
I then found that they are required by the EPA to sell the tank with the spout that closes when not filling.
There is several companies that sell a different spout that does not use the "Safety Closure" on the neck.
But Reda-Can can not sell it because of the EPA. So don't blame them.

The website states "Holds an amazing one gallon" . Well if it truly is not a good design as has been stated above, I guess I will just chalk it up to a learned lesson and a loss of $35.00.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Someone just sued Subway because their foot long sandwiches are not actually a foot long. It's now a class action. I wonder how long it will be before someone files on REDA for not actually holding an "amazing one gallon"

Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I waited a bit long for my order a couple of years ago. I called and got Mr. Reda on the phone and he apologized and sent me two cans for my inconvenience. They seem to be well made and Mr. Reda did the right thing.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:43 PM
osudvm
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jberg
I waited a bit long for my order a couple of years ago. I called and got Mr. Reda on the phone and he apologized and sent me two cans for my inconvenience. They seem to be well made and Mr. Reda did the right thing.
Just wanted to give an update. I contacted Mr. Reda and he has been dealing with his father's medical issues. I believe someone said that was a possibility in an earlier post. He admitted he has provided me poor service and I can say he has done everything to make it right. This is all one can ask of someone, that they admit they messed up but yet make things good in the end with fairness and honesty. Mr. Reda has done this for me and I would like to thank him and commend him for doing so in a difficult time. He has really stepped up and taken care of the situation.

Quick Reply: Reda gas can order and poor service