Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yaffe amp mount???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Yaffe amp mount???

after a bunch reserch to figure out way to mount amp to sony radio everyone pointed me to Yaffe set up......the only isuue is...yaffe will not sell amp mount without amp purches....so back to drawing board....

anyone have idea where to find amp mount i can purches?

I did do vencro with stock radio and RF amp all last year and worked great the issue now is Biketronics retro radio kit now has a clear plastic film you put on top radio so no way to use velcro..

Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 AM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
after a bunch reserch to figure out way to mount amp to sony radio everyone pointed me to Yaffe set up......the only isuue is...yaffe will not sell amp mount without amp purches....so back to drawing board....

anyone have idea where to find amp mount i can purches?

I did do vencro with stock radio and RF amp all last year and worked great the issue now is Biketronics retro radio kit now has a clear plastic film you put on top radio so no way to use velcro..
I have the Biketronics kit and RF amp mounted with velcro on top of my Sony radio. Works fine for the past year.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Many here, including myself used brackets from Scott Ezzell. Use the search function to find his contact info.

Contact Scott here: ezzell141@comcast.net

Last edited by Harleypingman; 02-16-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:16 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1sweetglide08
I have the Biketronics kit and RF amp mounted with velcro on top of my Sony radio. Works fine for the past year.
yes i did same with stock radio....BUT now the radio has a clear film that you put on top the radio...do you have said film with velcro between that and amp?

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Many here, including myself used brackets from Scott Ezzell. Use the search function to find his contact info.

Contact Scott here: ezzell141@comcast.net
I seen that but it is a set up for the stock radio from what I seen in pics for adding the amp and ipod etc....not for aftermarket radio??

the only set up I found here was the Yaffe mount with a jerry rig set up on back to mount to the one bolt hole in center of radio.....

Old 02-16-2013, 11:24 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used Scott's mount for my Sony radio. I mounted 2 rf amps on it. I had to mod it quite a bit, but I made it work.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:22 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=scumBAGGER;10919904]yes i did same with stock radio....BUT now the radio has a clear film that you put on top the radio...do you have said film with velcro between that and amp?

I still used the velcro over the clear film and mounted the RF amp. Works fine and no problems.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:04 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

[quote=1sweetglide08;10921033]
yes i did same with stock radio....BUT now the radio has a clear film that you put on top the radio...do you have said film with velcro between that and amp?

I still used the velcro over the clear film and mounted the RF amp. Works fine and no problems.
thank you thats what i was looking for....

Old 02-17-2013, 10:12 AM
bmb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp Mount

Has same issue with them ********. Ck out scott ezzell amp mount $50 works great for my Amp.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Scott's bracket (he has several deepending on the app) use the same 4 bolts in the fairing brackets that the factory and aftermarket radios use.

Carl

Old 02-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

I seen that but it is a set up for the stock radio from what I seen in pics for adding the amp and ipod etc....not for aftermarket radio??

the only set up I found here was the Yaffe mount with a jerry rig set up on back to mount to the one bolt hole in center of radio.....
If you want to install an aftermarket radio; you'll need a radio install kit; e. g Hwg-wired or Biketronics.

If you want to install an amp above the radio, go with Scott's I've done the Velcro directly to the radio and had no problem. Scott's brackets are almost essential when installing an amp with factory audio plus modules. It also offers a better platform for the amp in an aftermarket radio app IMO.

Quick Reply: Yaffe amp mount???