Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stereo head units

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:45 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo head units

I have been thinking about changing out my stereo head unit to a Sony or and ALpine unit with built in Sirius tuner as to not have the tuner on the bars.

Has anyone did this? I believe both S ony and Alpine head units are ALL marine rated... anyone know this for sure?

Old 02-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts
Default RE: stereo head units

Visit Biketronics.com. great products and better people.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought about it. Not sure yet if I want to. The Sony unit is the only one that I know of that allows you to still use your hand controls. You'll need the adaptor for it and can be purchased at http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id179.html

Old 02-10-2007, 02:49 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not get this....Advanced Audio XM® Satellite Radio Kit? About $400!

Old 02-10-2007, 03:03 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

cause XM is for the birds.... If they had one for sirius that was integrated i would do it.

Old 02-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: vegashd

cause XM is for the birds.... If they had one for sirius that was integrated i would do it.
I have XM and I don't fly around and **** on peoples heads nor do I eat seed or any of that other bird type stuff.

Maybe Sirius should look into getting some advanced equipment and their stock will climb out of the gutter.They cant afford it tho because they pay one washed up hack shock jock one hundered million dollars a year.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:38 PM
bluehwytn
Advanced

I'd also check biketronics since you can e-mail em about using other than sony stuff. I also found a company that makes integrators to use sirius instead of xm like for GM and Ford and I'm sure they make it for the Harley. I thought about getting the advanced radio also but for the price I still have to buy an antenna. With the biketronics kit you get everything and a hidden antenna. I see they just increased the price to $478.00 and you can get the bracket to mount your satellite kit inside the fairing by just asking the parts guy at the Harley shop to look up the part number. I may just go with satellite for now since I only use it on my longer rides and I can also use it in my truck as well. I can put the satellite in my fairing pouch for now but still need to mount the antenna somewhere.

Scott

Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Gaelicdog
Intermediate

Go to Crutchfield.com and do a search for Harley Davidson. They used to sell an adapter so you can change the stereo and still use the factory controls.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:02 PM
HogmanFLHX
Tourer

Why would you want to keep paying monthly payments to XM when you can pay once and never again? And that "washed up hack shock jock" is still a trend setter and what will lead to Sirius buying out XM. XM had to raise their monthly fees just to compete. And when Sirius introduces streeaming video for the cages/homes XM will be done.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:06 PM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Harley Rulz

ORIGINAL: vegashd

I have XM and I don't fly around and **** on peoples heads nor do I eat seed or any of that other bird type stuff.

Maybe Sirius should look into getting some advanced equipment and their stock will climb out of the gutter.They cant afford it tho because they pay one washed up hack shock jock one hundered million dollars a year.
HA, check the subscriber numbers lately? XM growth has all but ground to a halt. I'm pro-Sirius, can you tell? Also a stockholder and it pretty much paid for my Streetglide!

Also, don't forget, XM had a 2 yr jump in terms of technology on Sirius. They are closing the gap though quickly.

Enough about that. I too wanna put Sirius on my bike and really don't care for the FM modulator pieces. I really don't care for Sony headunits either. I would do an alpine one but like others mentioned, you will loose the hand controls if you go that route.

Quick Reply: stereo head units