Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

decals?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 10:44 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee Bagger
that orange blossom is pretty bad ***!!!
Thanks TB!!!

Old 02-16-2013, 11:46 AM
rrcap2001
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
Good decals and a clear coat could look very nice. Do you have any pictures of what it is you are looking at getting?
Off hand no. Maybe flames, or another design. My friend can make just about any design. As long as I can get the vinyl he can make it.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks for the idea. I've got a friend who have a little business in stickers and he do covering for cars, trucks and so on. I will ask him what he could do for mine, maybe something orange with black racing stripes... blue with white racing stripes...

Old 02-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

I've done a lot of vinyl on cars but also racing stripes on VRods as well as some touring designs. The pic shows one I tried on a Street Glide, problem is they will peel if you don't clear over them particularly if they are intricate designs and not large flat ones. These graphics didn't last long at all due to the pointy diamond shapes. They were high grade auto vinyl and applied properly but cleaning rags etc did damage on the tips.

Attached Thumbnails decals?-flhx-100418-002.jpg  
Old 02-16-2013, 03:18 PM
paulhog
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
I'm having a tank done right now, with genuine HD decals clear coated over, but that is what I want, not a custom design. Stock Harley decals tend to be very thin, so once they are clear coated they blend with the surface of the tank, so I suggest that is what many of us will expect. There are probably custom decal designers already out there doing this, so you can take a look over their shoulders, so to speak!
Are you finally going to have the bags and fairing painted??? You need to change that **** up.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:21 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by paulhog
Are you finally going to have the bags and fairing painted??? You need to change that **** up.
Fairing and tourpak are staying beautiful birch white! Rest of the bike will be new blue. Waiting for bags and tank now.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Bugsy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Proaction14
Check with a good vinyl wrapper, they can make some crazy graphics, and just cover small sections, or all of the bike. I had several trucks wrapped for my business and after 4 years we simply peeled off the vinyl right off, easy cheesy, paint was bright and fresh underneath with zero residue. I thought it was going to be a difficult mess, but it really wasnt.

Is that a wrap on the fairing??!? That looks great! What'd it cost to do that?

Oooops! I just realized that this is one of Formula One Tinting and Graphics designs from their website... I'm going to email them and see what they charged...

Last edited by Bugsy; 02-16-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: further research lol
Old 02-16-2013, 03:50 PM
SofaKingTired
Cruiser

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

I had my ol sport bike wrapped, it looked awesome and you couldnt tell the difference until you put a hand on in. I think if you wrapped the whole thing it might work, but not if you pieced it out... jmo

Old 02-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If for a particular design or image, yes. If for a solid color, no.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
Fairing and tourpak are staying beautiful birch white! Rest of the bike will be new blue. Waiting for bags and tank now.
Definitely unique, but looks like a mish-mash of 2 different bikes.

Quick Reply: decals?