Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide repaint ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 03:27 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Road Glide repaint ideas

I have always liked this Glide may be a little rad for ya though?

Old 02-11-2007, 08:30 AM
Towpro
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bad Dad

^ +1. I've always liked anice two-tone as well. It gives a very elegant presentation (if that's what you are going for) on a large bike like a RG, and looks very clean when done with reds/blacks/silvers.

These pictures are Tangerine, but your red would look just as killer.
That looks good, my sheet metal is going to the painters today. I picked that tangerine color as the main, but need a few ideas of a 2nd color as a 2-tone....not trying to hi-jack your thread dude......just seems like a few good ideas here. It's actually a PPG color......Orange Glow over sterling silver.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Harley came out last year with a two tone combination that I liked: Candy Orange Pearl and Inca Black. Looked great on a Heritage.
Everybody has been most helpful on this so far, and thanks. I have selected a painter. If I go with a two-tone, I want to keep it simple. My last RG was Vivid Blackwith Burgandy ghost flames with silver-blue tips. No flames or skulls this time!
The RoadGlide has some big panels, especially the upper fairing. It presents a lot of color impact.

A solid Ferrari Red would be unique, certainly. I've always liked the Firefighter bikes......classy and simple, but it would be a heck of a lot of red.....maybe too plain. Someone on the Forum completed a project.....put a Road Glide fairing on an Ultra Classic....it was two tone Smokey Gold and Black as I recall and it looked great. I haven't been able to find it on a search.

Keep the ideas coming guys! We'll get 'er done!