Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sony radio with RF amp......

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Sony radio with RF amp......

I ran the Rf 2channel amp and t165 rf speakers last year with stock radio was good set up...this year I added the sony radio and here where I need some help the amp will no longer just velcro to the top radio as there is a film on the radio to protect from water so what is everyone doing to mount amp? I have done a search and all i find is how to mount amp to stock set up and from what i can tell from pics the amp mount goes on back stock radio...any help would be great....

Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 PM
bigreds1963ss
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds kinda ghetto but ill tell you what I did, I have the sony radio and rf amp, i used heavy duty velcro from the amp to the radio and then i used some zip ties from the amp to the fairing braces, I did this over 6 months ago and hasnt been an issue

Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigreds1963ss
Sounds kinda ghetto but ill tell you what I did, I have the sony radio and rf amp, i used heavy duty velcro from the amp to the radio and then i used some zip ties from the amp to the fairing braces, I did this over 6 months ago and hasnt been an issue

thats what I did with the stock set up and amp but biketroniks retro radio kit has a film you put over the radio to protect from water and my guess is this will melt with the amp sitting on it....so I will need a amp mount...

Old 02-13-2013, 07:56 PM
pauly3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using the amp mounting bracket that Paul Yaffe includes in his Baggernation audio kits. I believe he sells it separately now!

http://baggernation.com/products-stereo.htm

Part # 344AMBW / BRT Single Premium Amp Mount for Batwing Fairings
Price: $29.95

I placed the mount on top of my Sony DSX-210X Head Unit which is held in place using the HawgWired install kit. I then had to rig it just a bit to make it work. It's perfect and leaves some breathing room for both devices. Been like this for almost a year and no issues.

Last edited by pauly3; 02-13-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:16 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by pauly3
I am using the amp mounting bracket that Paul Yaffe includes in his Baggernation audio kits. I believe he sells it separately now!

http://baggernation.com/products-stereo.htm

Part # 344AMBW / BRT Single Premium Amp Mount for Batwing Fairings
Price: $29.95

I placed the mount on top of my Sony DSX-210X Head Unit which is held in place using the HawgWired install kit. I then had to rig it just a bit to make it work. It's perfect and leaves some breathing room for both devices. Been like this for almost a year and no issues.

thats the answer there thank you.....btw what speakers you running? do you like? them sound good?

Old 02-13-2013, 09:36 PM
pauly3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
thats the answer there thank you.....btw what speakers you running? do you like? them sound good?
scumBAGGER,

I was previously running the same speakers you are about to install and they sounded good. I got the Polk DXi 650's and now it sounds AMAZING!!!