Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MetalArts Air Horn

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:10 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

O, I did read that but they exceeded all reason and were almost impossible to get in touch with. Full of promises then excuses once you did contact them. As you see, some NEVER got their stuff. I was persistent and eventually got my horn. I do like it but it is a Wolo inside a custom bell. You're paying for the metalwork, of course, and the horn is a known item. They just are a real nightmare service wise. i wish they would get smarter because they make some nice stuff. Most vendors on this site excell at service.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Renold
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of Howard air horns. Love them. They are also serviceable. You can pull the backs off and clean. I wont do that until necessary. My last air horns were not serviceable and was a pain to get them to work if they decided not to work. By the way I mounted the compressor under the seat.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 PM
07FLHRCMarinePatriot
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down

MetalArts statement on their site scared me:

Long trumpets are good Softails bikes and Sportsters , but we still recommend short trumpets for bikes ridden frequently

Old 02-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

All I can say is mine have been on my 08 for almost 3 years. If it sits for a few weeks it might burble when I first use it a little, but it clears right up. I usually just give it short toot every time I ride to make sure it is clear. I think the problem was the trumpets could brake over time from the vibration. I have heard of that happening or saw it somewhere, but I know of two sets that are still working after many miles. Mine has 40k miles on them and I have rode places no Harley bagger should ever go.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM
05RKCRider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the WOLO (almost 3 yrs) which is chrome plated plastic but is loud as hell. The chome started peeling off so I black wrinkle painted it & it looks good. It is a one piece unit that replaces the stock horn & has a sturdy mounting bracket. Couple of Howards Horn users told me the mounting bracket kept cracking on their HHs.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 AM
hdbe
Road Master

But the problem with that is when you call them they never answer the phone !!! lololo

Originally Posted by TheBig-O
READ before you buy.. We assemble and test each horn as they are ordered... delivery times may vary..if you are in a hurry, or just impatient please don't order without talking to us first. Some days are just too nice to stay inside and not ride.Thanks.

They put this prominently on their web page . Not defending them , I've never done business with them , but they do appear to be up-front about their work habits.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:58 AM
hdbe
Road Master

anyone got a better airhorn setup? maybe with hidden trumpets and pump so the whole unit is not hanging off the side of the motor shaking all over the place and breaking brackets????

Old 02-14-2013, 11:12 AM
stevic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to fire a grievance with Paypal to get mine. They would not answer my phone calls or emails. The air horn is a Wolo and it worked for less than a year I took it off and put the stock one back on.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:38 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,530 Likes on 1,425 Posts

I remember looking up these horns over a year ago and the service was crummy then too. I won't waste my time with them. Thanks again Guys!