Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Start of Problems with CD player

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
PSO169
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start of Problems with CD player

I rode in to work the other morning, and after listening to a few songs, the Cd would not play. I tired changing songs and nothing. Once I got into the firestation I turned off the bike and then back on the Cd played fine. After my 24hr shift and all class when I started up my bike to ride home no problems. This has happened a few times, but is this the start of more radio issues?
Jeff

Old 02-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Drifting Texas
Tourer
Default RE: Start of Problems with CD player

I had CD problems from the get go. The dealer made it right and replaced the entire stereo. I verified the CD player works and that was the last time I used it. I either listen to the radio or an MP3 player tied in to the aux port on the stereo. That's the way to go.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PSO: Yep, same thing has happened to me 3 times in the last 5 months. Don't know why but is just like you described. Curious to hear if anyone else has had the problem.

Ride safe,

Old 02-09-2007, 11:33 PM
PSO169
Road Master

Its just annoying that you have to shut off the bike then turn it back on. How hard is it to play a Cd.
Jeff

Old 02-10-2007, 12:36 AM
curmudgeon
Cruiser

This has happened to every CD player that I have owned, from a $12 WalMart to a two week old Bose.
You can find on the world wide web people that swear by putting green magic marker on the outer edge of the CD. They say it won't skip, the highs are more chrisp and your kids won't need braces.
I prefer turning it off, cursing and turning it back on. Works every time.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:44 AM
hd2007
Road Warrior

I see you have a 06 , if its still under warranty get it fixed , or at least noted.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

The service manager at my local dealership told me to never load a CD with the engine running as the vibration will not let the CD seat well. I've not had any problems with my CD's playing and I use it more than the radio.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:17 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member

My '05 does the same thing, now I just use the Ipod.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:33 PM
apachethunder03
Cruiser

And I thought I was the only one with that problem. I have an 03 flht. So it didn't come with a cd player. Iinstalled one myself and then about 8mo later I started with the problem. Took it to the dealer and was told that since I installed it it was only warrented for 6mo. About 13 mo after I installed it I found the reciept and noted that it was warrented for 12mo. So I lost! I have a cd stuck in it right now.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:12 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: apachethunder03

And I thought I was the only one with that problem. I have an 03 flht. So it didn't come with a cd player. Iinstalled one myself and then about 8mo later I started with the problem. Took it to the dealer and was told that since I installed it it was only warrented for 6mo. About 13 mo after I installed it I found the reciept and noted that it was warrented for 12mo. So I lost! I have a cd stuck in it right now.
That really sucks... I believe I would find the guy that put an end to your plight to have it fixed (with the 6 mo. statement) and see if he want's to eat the reciept...! Really pizzez me of when
a represeniative from a DEALER lets his mouth overload his azz without finding out for sure...

Quick Reply: Start of Problems with CD player