Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini Electrafied Apes, Feedback,????

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Carlini Electrafied Apes, Feedback,????

2007 electraglide thinking of going with apes, Any one have the carlini electrafied apes?

1. If i go with 12inch do i still have to change out all the cables?
2. Any one have these bars ,pictures i could see?
3. I am more interested in the 15`s not sure yet if i could go with 12`s and the old cables defenitly cheaper.
4. I have 18in Carlini`s on a Wideglide. But why are they double the price of other brands? i could understand if the chrome is better,better steel,American made. But is it Better? What makes them more than other brands?
5. I installed the bars on my Wideglide, do i use the same technique,pulling the wire harness out of the frame and unplug, or should i cut and Solder?
5. Thank for the help. Will

Old 02-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Bigwillie
Road Master

no one uys carlini ars ?

Old 02-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Harleydaddy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think all of your questions could be answered if you just called Carlini and asked them. If you've already installed a set of their bars on one of your bikes, it seems that you should already be familiar with their quality and what cable length to use etc. I think you should start with a call to Carlini and ask them. They're the experts at this stuff after all. Thats what I would do anyway. Just sayin.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Bigwillie
Road Master

Originally Posted by Harleydaddy
I think all of your questions could be answered if you just called Carlini and asked them. If you've already installed a set of their bars on one of your bikes, it seems that you should already be familiar with their quality and what cable length to use etc. I think you should start with a call to Carlini and ask them. They're the experts at this stuff after all. Thats what I would do anyway. Just sayin.
if i call and ask them are they the best,what do you think they will say ? I want feedback from people that have other brand bars to compare why a big price difference, i dont need to know what length cables i need,just if they need to be changed with 12inch bars, just sayin.

Last edited by Bigwillie; 02-12-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Harleydaddy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saying what I would do.

You had other questions regarding cable length, not just quality. You did say you've already installed a set, so I just figured you'd already be familiar with them.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Bigwillie
Road Master

Originally Posted by Harleydaddy
Just saying what I would do.

You had other questions regarding cable length, not just quality. You did say you've already installed a set, so I just figured you'd already be familiar with them.

yeah thank`s. I did install a set here is a picture, but 1 guy out of 100 goes with Carlini bars i am trying to find out why! because i am going to put some apes on my electraglide here is a pic of that too to give you and idea. do you have apes on your bike ? are they Carlini ?

Attached Thumbnails Carlini Electrafied Apes,  Feedback,????-grapeape-011.jpg   Carlini Electrafied Apes,  Feedback,????-032.jpg  

Last edited by Bigwillie; 02-12-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:45 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

you buy the bars, have them delivered and do the string test to measure for cables

i ran carlini bars on my nightrain (more pics in my profile) and they were good quality. i moved to another company that hand makes the bars in the states. carlini has them manufactured (not in house)

Attached Thumbnails Carlini Electrafied Apes,  Feedback,????-nightrain.jpg  

Last edited by stupid_rope; 02-12-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Hadn't heard of them till this post. They were even hard to find on Carini's website. Picture stunk. I'm not sold. Maybe they were just bad pics and someone will post some better ones.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Bigwillie
Road Master

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
you buy the bars, have them delivered and do the string test to measure for cables

i ran carlini bars on my nightrain (more pics in my profile) and they were good quality. i moved to another company that hand makes the bars in the states. carlini has them manufactured (not in house)
i already know i need 10 over for 15`s
i am trying to find out why carlini`s cost so much.
why not tell me who you went with,this is what i want to know!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Bigwillie
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dew Me
Hadn't heard of them till this post. They were even hard to find on Carini's website. Picture stunk. I'm not sold. Maybe they were just bad pics and someone will post some better ones.
the bars are not that old, the picture is from a customer, they need more customer pics, one of the reasons i started this thread ,i want to see some bikes with Carlini bagger apes.

Quick Reply: Carlini Electrafied Apes, Feedback,????