Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini Electrafied Apes, Feedback,????

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:59 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

Call Rex at Carlini. The customer service is excellent and I have stopped by their facility and they always do what it takes to make the customer happy. Top notch bars and customer service do cost a bit more. SJ Ron

Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Harleydaddy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by solowrider

yeah thank`s. I did install a set here is a picture, but 1 guy out of 100 goes with Carlini bars i am trying to find out why! because i am going to put some apes on my electraglide here is a pic of that too to give you and idea. do you have apes on your bike ? are they Carlini ?
I dont have apes on my bike yet. I am planning to do this project when I get my tax returns. When I do, I'm going with Carllini's. I think they are the best looking apes out there. They may not be the least expensive, but I want a good quality bar to do the job I want. I just haven't decided whether to go with the gangster's or the flyin apes yet.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:23 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i already know i need 10 over for 15`s
i am trying to find out why carlini`s cost so much.
why not tell me who you went with,this is what i want to know!
yeah, www.torchind.com. owner's name is justin, give him a call

Old 02-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

.........but 1 guy out of 100 goes with Carlini bars i am trying to find out why!
I read this a little differently the first time around. (or maybe brushed over it) What do you mean you are trying to find out why people go Carlini? I think the answer is quite obvious. First is quality. The metal, the fabrication, the chrome, the details, etc. Yes, that's all there, but this can be said about lots of other companies as well. Second is the style. This is the big one. Maybe you are thrown off by how subjective it is? Carlini has styles that nobody else has and everyone loves. IMO though these styles don't extend the the batwing bikes, which is what you are looking at. Lastly, and sometimes a bit unfortunately, is b/c people like to buy names and feel like if they pay more they are getting more.

All that being said: If I owned an RK I'm sure I would own Carlini's Evil Apes. Love'em!

Last edited by Dew Me; 02-13-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: added
Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
yeah, www.torchind.com. owner's name is justin, give him a call
Went and checked out the site for S's & G's. These batwing bars looked really cool sitting on the bench...

Too bad they looked terrible in the installed images. Looks like they require way too much pullback. These would look great (and ironically be a bit of a Carlini look) if they could be mounted more straight up and down.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Dew Me
I read this a little differently the first time around. (or maybe brushed over it) What do you mean you are trying to find out why people go Carlini? I think the answer is quite obvious. First is quality. The metal, the fabrication, the chrome, the details, etc. Yes, that's all there, but this can be said about lots of other companies as well. Second is the style. This is the big one. Maybe you are thrown off by how subjective it is? Carlini has styles that nobody else has and everyone loves. IMO though these styles don't extend the the batwing bikes, which is what you are looking at. Lastly, and sometimes a bit unfortunately, is b/c people like to buy names and feel like if they pay more they are getting more.

All that being said: If I owned an RK I'm sure I would own Carlini's Evil Apes. Love'em!
Thank you, some one finally answered my question, Gees!!
i agree i have Carlini`s on my wide glide and i love them. but what you said about not having a lot of styles for the batwing bikes makes perfect sense to me now . I Agree about the quality and you get what you pay for, and i can understand i premium is applied to the price because of the styles people demand but does not really apply to Carlini Bagger bars, i will still ploly buy Carlini bars the chrome is sweet on my apes on the WG.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:46 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dew Me
Went and checked out the site for S's & G's. These batwing bars looked really cool sitting on the bench...

Too bad they looked terrible in the installed images. Looks like they require way too much pullback. These would look great (and ironically be a bit of a Carlini look) if they could be mounted more straight up and down.
those are the bars i have. unfortunately, the customer pics are only like 10 inch bars. mine are 14 with more curve, ill get some pics soon

Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
those are the bars i have. unfortunately, the customer pics are only like 10 inch bars. mine are 14 with more curve, ill get some pics soon
Sweet!!! I look forward to seeing those pics!!! Up until today I have not seen a batwing bar that I thought held a candle to Yaffe's MBB's. (Except the copies and none of them look quite as good IMO) These bars could be a SERIOUS contender! Like I said, depending on the required pull back to stay clear of inner fairing. I'll be looking for those pics.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Brawny MMC
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the carlinis,great product and customer service,had a problem with chrome comming off my High roller risers and they sent me a new set right away.