Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody got the armrests for the passenger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:41 AM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
Default anybody got the armrests for the passenger?

The wife has decided she wants the new armrests for dressers that the moco has in the catalogue. So for thosethat have them....is your passenger pleased? How easy is it for passenger to get on and off? Can you put much stuff in the compartments under the armrest pad? She would like to put an ipod or cell phone or something there. And finally, do you like the look of them? How easy to install? Thanks for your help. As we know, if Mama aint happy, aint nobody getting any

Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I chandeged out my stock seat with a mustang and the tour pack rest for a mustang with long arm rest and it is great for the pasenger. wish I had better pics.

Attached Thumbnails anybody got the armrests for the passenger?-002.jpg   anybody got the armrests for the passenger?-001.jpg  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Kenney
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Darn, they are $400, but if its for the wife?
anyway need more information; will they fit an 05?
Where do they bolt up to? the tour pack? (fits with removal tour packs) or the finder?

Old 02-12-2013, 07:03 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Here You Go

I have a 09 Road King, tourpak w/wrap around HD backrest and passenger grabrails with the thicker handles. Since I put on the new HD armrest kit, the wife isn't "hanging on for dear old life" any more. The handles swing out of the way EASILY to mount and dismount. The install was simple. The armrest compartments aren't really that big (big enough for a phone). BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, moma is happy with them! As for looks - here you go

I'm considering removing the passenger grabrails but am in no rush. They aren't in the way and I want her to get more miles with the armrests before she makes a decision. She likes to turn the padded armrests inward (rotate the tips towards her). I think it makes her feel more "locked in" and secure. My current seat is a Sundowner but think I'll try out a Zep this spring.

Last edited by jeffreydsilver; 02-12-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:03 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Smile

The description sounds promising:

"Both armrests conveniently swing out of the way for easy mounting and dismounting, and the pads and arms can be oriented in multiple positions for increased comfort. The armrest pads feature spring-loaded hinged storage compartments that can easily hold your compact personal items. The high quality black vinyl upholstered pads and support arms blend beautifully with Original Equipment seats and speaker pods. Complete kit includes all required installation hardware."

Hopefully someone has a set and can post pics for us all. I'm not sure about the storage compartments, as they are yet somewhere else to 'lose' things!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:48 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Those look nice! Much better looking than the Kury ones. I made the mistake of showing mama, I have a feeling I'll be buying them soon. And figuring out a way to mount a drink holder too.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:55 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Hey Jeffrey, how do they mount up? I just installed a tourpak relocator that pushed the tourpak back 2", wondering if they are compatible?

Old 02-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Kenney
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Jeff would you please take a picture of how they are mounted / bolted to.

thanks

Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Hey Guys

The bike is in the back of the garage for the duration (winter) so no more pics for now. The install was very simple. My tourpak is mounted on a 4 point docking rack. Basically, all I did was loosen the 4 bolts holding the tourpak to the rack. Then, removing 1 side at a time (2 left bolts or 2 right bolts) I slipped the armrest brackets, with supplied spacers, in between the rack and the tourpak and re-fastened loosely using the new longer bolts. Once both sides were inserted I retightened the tourpak back down.

They suggest removing the tourpak, but I decided not to (less chance of breaking). If I said the install took an hour, I'd be lying. The dealer can print you out a set of installation instructions before you make the purchase. That's what I did.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

[QUOTE=jeffreydsilver;10901592]
QUOTE]

Wow Jeff you could go inverted with that set up!

I have the Corbin backrest with the extended arms, like the Mustang above. Seems a lot simpler (and lighter) then the fold arms. And no issues getting on and off.

Quick Reply: anybody got the armrests for the passenger?