Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Definive 21" inch front wheel post...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Definive 21" inch front wheel post...

Seems there's a post every other day asking about 21" front wheels on our beloved baggers. So, I figured I'd make a definitive post to clear everything up and answer all the questions. Feel free to sticky this if you wish...

Ok, first of all, Ride Wright are hands down the best 21" front wheel money can buy. Period. Also, Sinister is the best 21" front wheel money can buy. period. And let's not forget, DNA is the best 21" front wheel you can buy. Period.

Ok, now that we have established which one is best, It's also worth noting that it makes no sense whatsoever to put a nice 21" front wheel on your bagger and not change the rear one to match, even though you can't see a lot of it. Also, there's no reason to change the rear wheel just because you've changed the front, you can't even see most of it anyway.

And on to handling... If you put a 21" front wheel on your bike, you need to drop the front end an inch or it's gonna handle like crap and completely change the ride, and let me tell you, it'll be for the worse buddy. And furthermore, there is absolutely no need to worry about lowering the front end of your bike just because you put a 21" front wheel on it. The difference in handling is minute, and you'll be used to it in 10 minutes of riding with it. Heck, it handles better with the 21.

Alright, so hopefully i've cleared up the whole 21 inch wheel thing so we can get on to more important discussions, like which synthetic oil is best... or, whether we even need to be running synthetic oil.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:05 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Coastal Moto makes the best wheels (PM made).

John Shope has a 24 hour return policy and shoddy body parts

Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It funny how there are 21" wheel bagger questions everyday when just a short time ago all the threads were how stupid it is and how you will crash if you have one. It reminds me of the apes on a bagger threads that were out a few years ago. Oh thats gay and stupid and looks like crap. Now just about every day a new bagger has either apes, 21" wheel or both.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:32 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
It funny how there are 21" wheel bagger questions everyday when just a short time ago all the threads were how stupid it is and how you will crash if you have one. It reminds me of the apes on a bagger threads that were out a few years ago. Oh thats gay and stupid and looks like crap. Now just about every day a new bagger has either apes, 21" wheel or both.
yeah, they ride like crap, they're the latest fad, they wont have tires ready if you blow one, blah blah blah

there's always gonna be haters. im rollin a 23 now

Old 02-12-2013, 12:52 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wish it wasn't so expensive to replace wheels and tires. I understand everything that needs changed but damn! Last year I bought 35" Toyo M/T's with 20" chrome wheels for my duramax that were the same price as 2 motorcycle wheels w/accoutrements. Good post Hotrodz!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 AM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great post man! That's some funny stuff . . .

Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 AM
ElGigante
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree exactly with everything except those parts I don't agree with

Old 02-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Thank you for doing my job for me. I appreciate it. This is my favorite post in weeks.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ya but...but....butt.....buttt......who makes the best oil???

Old 02-12-2013, 08:16 AM
norris
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lmao

Quick Reply: Definive 21" inch front wheel post...