Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Definive 21" inch front wheel post...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:52 PM
jpit11
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

I think we should talk about the yellow harbor freight jack. GOD PLEASE MAKE IT GET WARM OUTSIDE - I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Seems there's a post every other day asking about 21" front wheels on our beloved baggers. So, I figured I'd make a definitive post to clear everything up and answer all the questions. Feel free to sticky this if you wish...

Ok, first of all, Ride Wright are hands down the best 21" front wheel money can buy. Period. Also, Sinister is the best 21" front wheel money can buy. period. And let's not forget, DNA is the best 21" front wheel you can buy. Period.

Ok, now that we have established which one is best, It's also worth noting that it makes no sense whatsoever to put a nice 21" front wheel on your bagger and not change the rear one to match, even though you can't see a lot of it. Also, there's no reason to change the rear wheel just because you've changed the front, you can't even see most of it anyway.

And on to handling... If you put a 21" front wheel on your bike, you need to drop the front end an inch or it's gonna handle like crap and completely change the ride, and let me tell you, it'll be for the worse buddy. And furthermore, there is absolutely no need to worry about lowering the front end of your bike just because you put a 21" front wheel on it. The difference in handling is minute, and you'll be used to it in 10 minutes of riding with it. Heck, it handles better with the 21.

Alright, so hopefully i've cleared up the whole 21 inch wheel thing so we can get on to more important discussions, like which synthetic oil is best... or, whether we even need to be running synthetic oil.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll never go back. I'll just build a stock bike with all the parts I've replaced sitting in my garage.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Seems there's a post every other day asking about 21" front wheels on our beloved baggers. So, I figured I'd make a definitive post to clear everything up and answer all the questions. Feel free to sticky this if you wish...

Ok, first of all, Ride Wright are hands down the best 21" front wheel money can buy. Period. Also, Sinister is the best 21" front wheel money can buy. period. And let's not forget, DNA is the best 21" front wheel you can buy. Period.

Ok, now that we have established which one is best, It's also worth noting that it makes no sense whatsoever to put a nice 21" front wheel on your bagger and not change the rear one to match, even though you can't see a lot of it. Also, there's no reason to change the rear wheel just because you've changed the front, you can't even see most of it anyway.

And on to handling... If you put a 21" front wheel on your bike, you need to drop the front end an inch or it's gonna handle like crap and completely change the ride, and let me tell you, it'll be for the worse buddy. And furthermore, there is absolutely no need to worry about lowering the front end of your bike just because you put a 21" front wheel on it. The difference in handling is minute, and you'll be used to it in 10 minutes of riding with it. Heck, it handles better with the 21.

Alright, so hopefully i've cleared up the whole 21 inch wheel thing so we can get on to more important discussions, like which synthetic oil is best... or, whether we even need to be running synthetic oil.
23 is the new 21

Old 02-13-2013, 02:35 PM
NMNSG08
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

26" is the new 21!
let's start this thread.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:41 PM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

30" is the NEW 26"

Old 02-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by slothy
30" is the NEW 26"
__ is the new 30???

Old 02-13-2013, 02:52 PM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jswerve
__ is the new 30???
16" - going retro sexual ahha

Last edited by slothy; 02-13-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 PM
jappe loco enel coco
6th Gear

...and what about fairing lowers or not on baggers...heyyyyyyyy?

Still scratching my one left braincell on that one.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as funny as this thread is, it actually got me looking around at some wheels for my rg

I used to think that 18 was the biggest I would ever want, then i saw a 21 front wheel with a 140 wide tire

I dont think I can resist that big ugly fat front wheel for to long

Quick Reply: Definive 21" inch front wheel post...