Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Auxillary Brake Light Kit (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 06:31 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RE: Installed Auxillary Brake Light Kit (pics)

ORIGINAL: CTClassic

Since I've installed this on my Classic last year, they came outwith a harness which does the same thing, PLUS has the running lights as well, $60 I think.
The unit in this post is the latest version,#69461-06, running, brake and directional. A major complaint of the newer version is that it is not much brighter in the brake mode than it is in the running mode. The version it replaced was just brake/directional, #91699-99A. I had and tried both. I have the older version which I prefer over the newer one.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:45 PM
kpshooter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same setup on my RK Police - works great.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:25 AM
CTClassic
Advanced

good to know, thx soos....

Old 02-11-2007, 12:07 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

I have had the same thing on my last Bike also and it worked great

Old 02-11-2007, 12:19 PM
bdgreen
Banned

I installed the light mod on my EG and I like it. My buddy rode behing me during daylight and after dark and said it really makes a big difference. We're gonna do his today.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Aces N Eights

I have the same set up. I got mine from the dealer. Mine converts the amber turn signal lights to red, makes them running lightsand activates them when braking. Much more light. I found a tail light bulb that is LED and rotates the LEDS when the brake is activated. If I can only remember where I saw it I am going to get that as well. The video of the cage ramming the bike at the light has convinved me I want to be seen when braking or stopped.
If by chance, anyone knows where I may have seen the bulb, please PM me. I have looked and searched but can't find it again.

Great write up. The pics made the difference for me.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:30 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: 07 Heritage Classic

I have the same set up. I got mine from the dealer. Mine converts the amber turn signal lights to red, makes them running lightsand activates them when braking. Much more light. I found a tail light bulb that is LED and rotates the LEDS when the brake is activated. If I can only remember where I saw it I am going to get that as well. The video of the cage ramming the bike at the light has convinved me I want to be seen when braking or stopped.
If by chance, anyone knows where I may have seen the bulb, please PM me. I have looked and searched but can't find it again.

J&P Cycles: http://www.jpcycles.com/ProductDetai...487&cs=All

I installed this one inside a smoked tailight: http://www.jpcycles.com/ProductDetai...386&cs=All

Old 02-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Aces N Eights

That first link was the one. Thanks, I will let you know how it works.

NiceI like the smoked lenses.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:04 PM
johnny canuck
Road Captain

I am having it installed at time of PDI on my new Ultra next week. I whined to the dealer that since the shop will have the seat off they can quickly install this as well.
I like this feature for night time riding.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:19 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: soos

ORIGINAL: 07 Heritage Classic

J&P Cycles: http://www.jpcycles.com/ProductDetai...487&cs=All

I installed this one inside a smoked tailight: http://www.jpcycles.com/ProductDetai...386&cs=All
I ended up using the same one , I have tried several plus the rotating one and it seems to be the best without going to a compleate assembly

Quick Reply: Installed Auxillary Brake Light Kit (pics)