Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21" x 3.5" wheeled bagger.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 11:20 AM
mr_gdr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21" x 3.5" wheeled bagger.

I'm going to put a 21" x 3.5" front wheel on my 2009 bagger.

but the price is all over from less than $300.00 to over $3000.00.

has any one out there run the 37-525 Ultima King Spoke Chrome Wheel or DNA FAT 52 SPOKE MAMMOTH WHEEL?

I would guess the 'BILLET WHEELS' would be best! I can't justify $3000.00 for a wheel to me or my lady.

From what I have seen on here is the biggest problem with the FAT SPOKE WHEELS are that they leak air! I think that has be a problem with any spokes.. seems to be a easy fix.. put a tube in it!

I have also seen they say to drop the front end down 1". I have road choppers and all kinds of bikes for 47 years.. so am I wrong in thinking I may be able to handle it if I don't?

I'm open to any thing any one has to add. as all ways ride safe,,, and thank you.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:48 AM
the wild hog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,964 Likes on 2,921 Posts

Lowereing 1" keeps it pretty much at stock height.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:09 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Give Drew at HogPro a call. I bet he can hook you up with a good deal on two wheels, tires and rotors for under $3K. I was like you when looking at wheels and seeing the high prices for just a front wheel. Got to looking a little harder and when I got serious about buying I called HogPro. I know people say you can't see the back wheel, but I can't see doing the front and not doing the back, but we do what we can afford at the time. When you call HogPro make sure to mention you're a forum member too. Good luck on your search.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:15 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah try Rob at hogpro. I had a budget in mind and after talking with him I decided to get the wheel, and painted wrapped fender instead of 2 wheels. Jury is still out for me on getting the back done. I picked up the wheel, painted fender, and new pads for under 2k. As far as lowering, I cant speak for handling as I lowered mine as soon the the wheel went on, but like said its to help get it back to a stock height and for me maintain a flat foot. I lowered it 1" with a drop in kit

Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM
mr_gdr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by the wild hog
Lowereing 1" keeps it pretty much at stock height.
your bike looks nice,,, mine is a real lower in the back with a 1 1/2 lowing kit,,, so you think I need to lower the front 2 1/2? I think that would make it to low for the speed bumps around here.?

Old 02-11-2013, 12:30 PM
mr_gdr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by The Q
Give Drew at HogPro a call. I bet he can hook you up with a good deal on two wheels, tires and rotors for under $3K. I was like you when looking at wheels and seeing the high prices for just a front wheel. Got to looking a little harder and when I got serious about buying I called HogPro. I know people say you can't see the back wheel, but I can't see doing the front and not doing the back, but we do what we can afford at the time. When you call HogPro make sure to mention you're a forum member too. Good luck on your search.
Thanks, I will check them out...do you have the new wheels on your bike in the photo?

Old 02-11-2013, 12:33 PM
mr_gdr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
Yeah try Rob at hogpro. I had a budget in mind and after talking with him I decided to get the wheel, and painted wrapped fender instead of 2 wheels. Jury is still out for me on getting the back done. I picked up the wheel, painted fender, and new pads for under 2k. As far as lowering, I cant speak for handling as I lowered mine as soon the the wheel went on, but like said its to help get it back to a stock height and for me maintain a flat foot. I lowered it 1" with a drop in kit

thank you I am guessing they will have a web site?

Old 02-11-2013, 12:35 PM
mr_gdr
Cruiser

thanks every one.. http://www.hogpro.com/

Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_gdr
thanks every one.. http://www.hogpro.com/
Their website is good, but you'll get the best price by calling. They also list monthly specials in the Marketplace Vendors for sale classified section of the forums.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was able to get best price from sending a PM from HDF. Calling works too but mention your a forum member. One thing I really liked about the website is the pictures of the baggers with the actual wheels on. Gives a good idea of what they look like on your model bike

Quick Reply: 21" x 3.5" wheeled bagger.