Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great dealer, Boise ID

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Dirtball
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great dealer, Boise ID

I have seen many horror stories about dealers and thought I would share a good story for a change. Now I know I could do the service myself and do the simple oil changes but had some minor warranty issues that I wanted looked at and the 10K mile service was due. I called High Desert HD in Boise ID to schedule the service. I was surprised when they said they could get in within the next two days and totally floored when they asked if I wanted to bring it in or have them come pick it up. Now we live about 60 miles from the dealer and they provide this service at no charge. The service manager was confident they would have the service and warranty issues resolved in one or two days. When he discovered that it would not be completed as promised, he called me to give me a status update. In all my years of having a dealer perform work, on all types of vehicles, I have never had a dealer call me. And to top all this off, they will deliver our bike back to the house if we want, at no charge. Add into this that the parts department is great and we have found a wonderful dealership. I went in over a month ago to look at some accessories and when I called to order them the parts guy, remembered who I was, what bike I had and what I was looking for. Pretty impressive after a month.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Boomer1143
Road Master
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts

Glad to hear you had a great experience at High Desert. I was over there yesterday for the Mardi Gras celebration. I just had to try some alligator.
The dealership sponsors the local "HOG" group. We meet the last Friday of each month at the Eagles lodge on Overland in Boise. Meeting starts at 7:00pm. Why don't you ride over and check it out.

Al

Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Always nice to hear about good dealers. When i lived in Boise, HD dealer was pretty small & down on Chinden Blvd. God, I do miss living there!

Old 02-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Dirtball
Tourer

Boomer1143,

I would make the trip but am a member of 3 riding groups in Mt Home and have little time for another group once riding season starts. Hopefully, we can make one of the rides that the HOG Chapter hosts.

07FLHT,

They are much bigger now and moved to a location off Eagle Roada few years back. They are not small anymore.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Boomer1143
Road Master
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts

Dirtball,
I hope we have the chance to meet on one of the HOG rides.

Al

Old 02-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Dirtball
Tourer

Boomer1143,

If ever you head towards Mt Home, email me in advance and see if we can work out a ride together. Dirtballx2@gmail.com. Bike in shop right now then got a mod to do but should be ready to go early March.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Never met the man face to face but I chatted back and forth with one of their techs on a different forum. He was a very knowledgeable guy and very helpful on the forum, went by Hogdoc there and I don't remember what his handle is here.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 PM
chinookman
Cruiser

That is good to hear. I have heard nothing but good about them from many people. Hopefully I can make it over there some time.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirtball
Boomer1143,

I would make the trip but am a member of 3 riding groups in Mt Home and have little time for another group once riding season starts. Hopefully, we can make one of the rides that the HOG Chapter hosts.

07FLHT,

They are much bigger now and moved to a location off Eagle Roada few years back. They are not small anymore.
Ya, I've heard & seen through their website they have really grown! Is it the same owners? Hopefully, someday, I'll be be back in my "beloved" Boise, with some nice intertube drifts down the Boise river on hot Summer day's! (of course, beer cooler in tow!) LOL! Although, I'm sure it's not the same as I left it in 1999!
Please, don't tell me of all the changes, this old man needs to keep his memories "as is"! LOL!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

That's great to hear. another good one is Kegel HD in Rockford IL. They really helped me out of a tight spot. Some of the nicest, most helpful folks i've ever met.

Quick Reply: Great dealer, Boise ID