Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lakeshore refused online order

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Order too much and they think you're a dealer trying to avoid business taxes and fees and such. Lots of discount parts places have similar restrictions.

It has nothing to do with shipping prices. Hence the term "no stocking quantities". They have rules to stop competing sellers from stocking their own shelves with retail products bought from a discount part company. This might even be a regulation imposed on Lakeshore by MoCo, in order to keep all retail sellers of Syn-3 going through them directly. Like the guy said, sorry but they have to go by the rules...

Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM
MIKEMCFI
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My point is I placed an order over $250 and it was paid in full. Enough parts for three services does not make me a "Dealer" just someone who likes to ride. I would think Harley would support you, I actually ride my Harley, about 2000 miles a month. I think it is total B.S. that there is a limit. I can order any quantity of parts for my other vehicles with no problem. The dealers and customers need to stand up and tell H-D how we feel. This was not my first order with Lakeshore, I wont buy from the local stealership anymore. The local dealer sells over retail.

Last edited by MIKEMCFI; 02-07-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by MIKEMCFI
My point is I placed an order over $250 and it was paid in full. Enough parts for three services does not make me a "Dealer" just someone who likes to ride. I would think Harley would support you, I actually ride my Harley, about 2000 miles a month. I think it is total B.S. that there is a limit. I can order any quantity of parts for my other vehicles with no problem. The dealers and customers need to stand up and tell H-D how we feel. This was not my first order with Lakeshore, I wont buy from the local stealership anymore. The local dealer sells over retail.

I'm fairly certain this is a LSHD policy. Harley isn't telling you that you can't buy cases of oil and filters, but LS is trying to avoid a dealership or indy buying enough Harley parts to stock the shelves, at a discounted price.

I've dealt with Bill personally on a few recent orders, and he's a stand-up guy. You can order whatever you want to get over the free shipping threshold, but if it's against their policy, they can cancel the order.

At 2K miles a month, you're looking at an oil change every 3 months or so. Three filters will carry you plenty far enough, and if you're looking to stock oil, maybe consider another brand, like Amsoil? They'll let you buy as much as you want!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

If Lake Shore wants to keep their dealership, they have to follow the rules set forth by the MoCo. Is it fair to us the consumer, hell no but what are our recourses? Big business, big government screws the little guy every chance they can. They live by the motto, you want to play, you gotta pay......

Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ratdoc
Un-American? Are you nuts?
At least someone said it. This guy is delusional at best.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Lakeshore refused a paid order and refunded my money.

I tried to order enough parts to cover three services 1 case of SYN3, 4 qts Formula+, 6 oil filters (extra filters to get me over $250 for free shipping), air filter, drain plug and trans dipstick "O" rings.

Here is Bill's reply.

No stocking quantities as per our website and flyers>>> MAX Oil 6 QTs Syn
3 - filters 3
Sorry we have to go by the rules set forth

Invoice No. 34836
Feb 6, 2013 Refund Completed

The website states no stocking quantities but does not state what the limit is.

According to Bill you are not allowed to buy a case of oil anymore or more than three filters per Harley.

This is just to UN-American for me, here a your rationed parts comrade.
You get the donkey of the day award!!! Without a doubt, this is the dumbest thread ever. Don't just post **** up here unless there's a point to it. Dumbass

Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,417 Likes on 22,658 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
If Lake Shore wants to keep their dealership, they have to follow the rules set forth by the MoCo. Is it fair to us the consumer, hell no but what are our recourses? Big business, big government screws the little guy every chance they can. They live by the motto, you want to play, you gotta pay......
HDV is right, and this has been the rules since last summer OP.
Suggest you quit cryin' and use other lubricants.
Syn 3 is over-rated and definately over-priced.
Where you been?

Old 02-07-2013, 09:04 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

why is it that people find it necessary to NOT take the time to post anything good about a company and their experiences but the moment something doesn't go their way, they will skip church, a trip to the bar, a child's birthday party, etc. to get on the internet and post about their bad experiences. Geez.. get da f(*k over it man and go get your oil somewhere else. They have a policy.. if you don't like it don't buy from them.
I just learned about LSHD1 website and pricing a few months ago and to me they are absolutely GREAT. They're not very fast with shipping but when buying HD parts online these days, who is?

Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 AM
DMorr99
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do like I do witj LSHD1. I order 6 quarts and a filter then a day or two later order the same thing again. I did it 4 times back to back and I got all my ****.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

UN-American? this is free enterprise at it's best. buy and sell what you want, when you want, to who you want, and how you want. don't like it---go elsewhere.
doubt if there is much profit in oil by the case and filters if you are paying for the shipping. the people are in business to make a profit. as far as buying syn3, it is furnished to the moco by the low bidder...there are plenty of better oils out there for less money.

Quick Reply: Lakeshore refused online order