Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have the PPG paint code for the 2012 Ember Red Sunglow paint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013 | 01:35 PM
Kennypatterson
|
Road Master
Default Does anyone have the PPG paint code for the 2012 Ember Red Sunglow paint?

Wanting to do my inner fairing and I'm in need of the paint code for anyone that has went with PPG.

Old 02-05-2013 | 02:47 PM
joechief
Cruiser
Default 2012 Ember Red Sunglow

It is a tri-coat, here are the numbers:

PPG #930846 / 1 Base Color

PPG #930846 / 2 Tinted Clear Mid-Coat

It is available in Deltron (DBC) or Global (BC). Any PPG Distributor can mix this for you. Both colors use a specialty pigment. Either system will work just fine.

Good luck, Joechief

Old 02-05-2013 | 04:34 PM
Kennypatterson
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by joechief
It is a tri-coat, here are the numbers:

PPG #930846 / 1 Base Color

PPG #930846 / 2 Tinted Clear Mid-Coat

It is available in Deltron (DBC) or Global (BC). Any PPG Distributor can mix this for you. Both colors use a specialty pigment. Either system will work just fine.

Good luck, Joechief

Much appreciated!

Old 02-05-2013 | 10:00 PM
kenbo800
Advanced

Bring extra cash, it isn't cheap! It is a good match though

Old 02-06-2013 | 04:31 AM
Kennypatterson
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by kenbo800
Bring extra cash, it isn't cheap! It is a good match though
..............and what is cheap when it comes to these things

but they sure are perdy!

Old 02-06-2013 | 04:52 AM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master

colorite also has it. pre mixed. I used it on my 12 Switchback to color match a trunk and side panels. Came out great. you can order spray cans, 1/2 pints to gallons, on their web site. Just pull up a 2012 bike that you know came with the red sunglow and it shows all the items needed. My painter said it was real easy to match even though its like a candy color.

As stated above it ain't cheap

Old 02-06-2013 | 09:17 AM
joechief
Cruiser

Yes, the colors aren't cheap, but the the base color is a "t" price code, due to the specialty pigment. Body shop price is $92.37 per pint. The tinted mid-coat body shop price is $51.87. I work for a PPG paint distributor and these are the prices from the current PPG price sheet. I don't know how these compare to other brands, but I don't think this is too high priced, of course I am biased. And compared to all the other crap we buy for our scooters, this seems pretty resonable LOL. Joechief

Old 02-06-2013 | 09:23 AM
Kennypatterson
|
Road Master

Yes, the colors aren't cheap, but the the base color is a "t" price code, due to the specialty pigment. Body shop price is $92.37 per pint. The tinted mid-coat body shop price is $51.87. I work for a PPG paint distributor and these are the prices from the current PPG price sheet. I don't know how these compare to other brands, but I don't think this is too high priced, of course I am biased. And compared to all the other crap we buy for our scooters, this seems pretty resonable LOL. Joechief
So what can I expect to pay? My buddy is getting me the paint through his shop, he works for a Cadillac dealer so hopefully I can get a decent price.

Old 02-08-2013 | 10:30 AM
joechief
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Kennypatterson
So what can I expect to pay? My buddy is getting me the paint through his shop, he works for a Cadillac dealer so hopefully I can get a decent price.
If he mixes it himself, which I'm sure the dealership body shop has their own mixing system, he could mix you half pints or less of each color. They have the ability, as do paint distributors, to mix smaller quantities. This would obviously bring the cost down. Joechief

Old 02-08-2013 | 10:35 AM
joechief
Cruiser

If he mixes it himself, which I'm sure the dealership body shop has their own mixing system, he could mix you half pints or less of each color. They have the ability, as do paint distributors, to mix smaller quantities. This would obviously bring the cost down. Joechief
Btw, I sprayed my neighbors inner fairing cobalt blue, not a tri coat, and sprayed it on 1/4 pint of DBC Deltron. Granted, it covered good and I used a mini gravity feed so that helped. Also, DBC, like most automotive base coat urethanes are mixed 1 to 1, so, a 1/4 pint of paint will yield 1/2 pint of sprayable material. Joechief

Quick Reply: Does anyone have the PPG paint code for the 2012 Ember Red Sunglow paint?