Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best fat spoke rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013 | 03:18 PM
corys87l
Novice

DO NOT BUY dna wheels the are cheap **** and terriable customer service
go with ride wright

Old 02-06-2013 | 03:35 PM
jpit11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by corys87l
DO NOT BUY dna wheels the are cheap **** and terriable customer service
go with ride wright

I have read all the reviews and it seems like in the past there were some very serious quality control issues with the DNA wheels concerning the ability to run the rims without tubes. It seems that these issues were corrected and their customer service has improved. I purchased mine thru my local HD dealer who stands behind everything they sell. Hopefully I won't have any issues. If I do I will be sure and post them.

I have also read some people who have has problems with other brands as well. Seems the majority of people are happy with whatever purchase they make.

Old 02-07-2013 | 05:52 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
From: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!

I think the best advice given already is don't buy anything cheap just cause you can save a few bucks. From the advice I a received and research I have done on the advice most of the parts have been expensive and products I have heard that are crap, some Kury stuff, for example are exactly that, crap. If your going to pull the trigger on whelks go for the best out there. Talk to a local Indy shop for advice, those guys normally will not start you wrong. I use FTF out of Randolf ma. And they are tops for advice and service.

Old 02-07-2013 | 08:18 AM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

I plan to go with DNA fat spoke when I do my 21/18 set up on my softail. A lot of guys on the softail forum have them with no issues. I am not going to spend substantially more money for virtually the same product without hard evidence and facts to prove they are far superior to the cheaper product (which is steal expensive). In this economy you cannot afford to make decision based soley on opinions.

Old 02-07-2013 | 10:32 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior

I have the pre interchangeable hub on my RideWrights and they are quality. I did see someone I know have lots of issues when he bought the newer style. He ended up returning them after spending some serious coin trying to make them work. I did have to install a spacer between the hub and belt sprocket to make thing align but Ride Wright sent me one free of charge, even though I had purchased mine through the local H.D. dealer. DNA has some serious Q A problems that are all over the internet. I'd do some serious research before buying their junk.

Just for your information mine came through Drag Specialties in Drag Specialties boxes but had RW stamped in the rims. Check LSHD for their discount.

Old 02-07-2013 | 11:34 AM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by springer 03
I have the pre interchangeable hub on my RideWrights and they are quality. I did see someone I know have lots of issues when he bought the newer style. He ended up returning them after spending some serious coin trying to make them work. I did have to install a spacer between the hub and belt sprocket to make thing align but Ride Wright sent me one free of charge, even though I had purchased mine through the local H.D. dealer. DNA has some serious Q A problems that are all over the internet. I'd do some serious research before buying their junk.

Just for your information mine came through Drag Specialties in Drag Specialties boxes but had RW stamped in the rims. Check LSHD for their discount.
This is an excellent post sir. It is informative and with first hand experience with ride Wright. I will do some serious in depth research into DNA quality. I don't mind spending more if I actual get more. Thanks

Old 02-07-2013 | 02:18 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

The Sinister Big Daddy fat spokes are the only fat spokes that we sell. Our goal is to bring a high quality product to the customer that will pose no issues in any way. That is our reasoning for selling these. If you need pricing feel free to PM , call or email us.

Old 02-08-2013 | 02:13 PM
cotter pin
Advanced

Ride Wright for sure. Great wheels and great customer service.

Old 10-14-2014 | 09:04 AM
Clint Medford
Stage I
Default DNA For me too!

18 x18 DNA fat spoke rims. Look awesome, heavy duty, and the bike handles so much better especially on grooved surfaces.

Attached Thumbnails Best fat spoke rims-img_0591.jpg  

Last edited by Clint Medford; 10-14-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-14-2014 | 11:07 AM
Warbird40
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Mine is a DNA mamoth 52 spoke. I love it. it's heavy, looks good.
+1....I also got the DNA 52 fat spoke and I like it. I did put a tube in it for peace of mind, but rims comes sealed....well made and only paid $429 with free shipping!

Attached Thumbnails Best fat spoke rims-2014-09-18-20.34.01.jpg   Best fat spoke rims-20140830_162144.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best fat spoke rims