Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new NEO Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Roy D Route
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new NEO Trailer

Just picked up a 16'X7' trailer. I know, I know, I'm now an official poser but I'm retired and need a Midwest jail break. Headin' south for a couple of weeks. I'm so used to traveling light, the trailer space seems like such a luxury. Do you guys ever pull into a campground and sleep in the trailer? Looking for ideas about rigging it out. Besides extra amo and anti-Obama signs, what do you guys carry in your trailers?

Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I never did it, but thought about it. My plans was to put in folding beds that were folded against the wall when the bikes were in and set up when they weren't. I had a side door and window which made it more trailer like. If you do it, please post pictures. To me its a great idea.

JIM

Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM
In2It
Road Captain

Ditto lets see what you come up with.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Roy D Route
Just picked up a 16'X7' trailer. I know, I know, I'm now an official poser but I'm retired and need a Midwest jail break. Headin' south for a couple of weeks. I'm so used to traveling light, the trailer space seems like such a luxury. Do you guys ever pull into a campground and sleep in the trailer? Looking for ideas about rigging it out. Besides extra amo and anti-Obama signs, what do you guys carry in your trailers?
Did the RV/trailer thing for years before I retired & had the time to RIDE to my destinations. I could give you reams of info on trailer to camper mods, but you probably couldn't hear me over that stinging *** whippin' you took in the last election..........

Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Raddazzz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a queen size air matress i use to sleep on in my trailer. A few lawn lawn chairs, flash lights and cooler. Not too bad for a few days.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 PM
bent trix
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heck yeah!

Bungie cord a double mattress to the wall until needed. Get a battery and small inverter to run a heated blanked. Lawn chairs, fire wood a bucket of KFC in the cooler, with plenty of adult beverages of choice.

Camp grounds have showers and squatters....

If I didn't have to work for a living (which I think is over-rated). I would be right there with ya man!!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Roy D Route
Cruiser

My son has an airbed, kind of one step up from an air mattress. I was going to get that and take a sleeping bag. I've got a converter and a little cooler that plugs into it. Do you think campgrounds will be open to the idea? I guess if you got the $'s they're cool with it.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 138 Posts

Wish there wasn't a foot of snow outside, I'd take a pic of my 7 x 14 rig. Queen sized air bed, made a screen door for side entrance, built storage into the v-nose that holds 2 weeks worth of gear. Got tired of the tent deal, and waking up sore and all my clothes damp. When it starts pouring (and it ALWAYS does at rallys) I can fit 10 guys with lawn chairs comfortably out the rain.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 AM
bruce sg08
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was an older guy in the neighborhood that rode and made a camper out of his trailer. What he did was find a guy that made boat covers, had a custom cover made with snaps and installed snap rings around rear ramp door leveled the door snapped the cover on and slid some kind of tent poles out to tighten it up ,PVC? but don't thing that was around then. Like the sides of a pop up camper, and could keep the bike inside if he needed to. He was retired and would only be home a few times a year. He was 20 years ahead of his time, everytime I see a toy hauler now I think of him.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Duke 07
Cruiser

E Tracks makes a folding bunk for them. They just fold down off of the walls if I remember right. They make some pretty cool stuff for enclosed trailers. I am trying to talk the wife into driving my truck when we leave Alaska but I don't think that will happen when I have the trailer behind it. So far it looks like the King will be in the trailer for the ride. That is still a little over a year away to work on her though.

Quick Reply: new NEO Trailer