Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 07:14 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tour Pack question

He has got the leather tour pak!!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:23 AM
usecotton
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a heads up on the Fatbagger quik detach that Bryan linked to....I put a Fatbagger rear on my 07 Ultra, that kit has the holes drilled for 06 and earlier. In other words if you use it on an 07 gonna have to drill thru tour pak. I have it attached now and it looks great. The only thing I dont like is with the tour pak mounted all the way to the rear it makes the tour pak unsupported at the rear. I am talking to Gary at Fatbaggers to see about coming up withsome support closer to the rear. Probably not a problem, just worried about a loaded Pak and the teeter totter affect.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

I just want them plugged. It's a leather pack so bodywork isn't an option.

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

workin on it myself...today me & txbowhunter mounted my detach rack and got a plan for how to fab it the way i want...it'll be 1" lower and 2" back from stock...everything goes to paint within days...personally, i hate the goofy loops for the rear detach, i'm havin all of it black chromed and intend on takin it off when the TP aint bein used...its ugly and dont belong on a SG...on the light bezel with the two holes for antenners, i pulled the guts out while i ponder what to do...thought about grindin em off and shapin it to match the rest of the bevel but figured it'd be a fubar that costs more moola...what are you thinkin of doin with the holes

Old 02-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Let me know. HD probably wants a fortune for these little boogers.

I'll also check Radio Shack.

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

Harley sells a plug in addition to the rubber grommets; I will try to get a part number tomorrow.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The HD part no. for the plug is 59749-06. They are the same plug that is in the right side of the facia on stock Street Glides. Turns out the grommet shown in the parts book is the same as the plug except it has a hole (probably to accommodate the two-up hardware and provide some paint protection for the facia). I bought two of the plugs ($1.70 ea.) and will paint them to match the facia and remove the two up hardware since I use the TP so infrequently (almost never). I am going to mount the TP on my one-up detachable rack and see how I like that set-up. Currently using an aftermarket box on the one-up (which has served me well to Sturgis, etc.).

Old 02-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Just to be clear, this plug can be used to fill the hole in the tour pack when not using an antenna?

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

The HD part no. for the plug is 59749-06. They are the same plug that is in the right side of the facia on stock Street Glides. Turns out the grommet shown in the parts book is the same as the plug except it has a hole (probably to accommodate the two-up hardware and provide some paint protection for the facia). I bought two of the plugs ($1.70 ea.) and will paint them to match the facia and remove the two up hardware since I use the TP so infrequently (almost never). I am going to mount the TP on my one-up detachable rack and see how I like that set-up. Currently using an aftermarket box on the one-up (which has served me well to Sturgis, etc.).